MS DOS 3.3 Kenitec OEM. What you know about this OS?

Discuss MS-DOS, Windows 1, 2 and 3.
pcmuseum-md

MS DOS 3.3 Kenitec OEM. What you know about this OS?

Post by pcmuseum-md »

Hello. I have found two old 5in diskettes labeled as MS DOS 3.3 for Kenitec Personal Computers.
I have a Kenitec 286 Computer but I don't have this OEM version of MS DOS 3.3.
Have anybody seen this version of DOS and what are the difference between original MS DOS 3.3 and this OEM?
A have made some photoes of this diskettes
Thanks!

The Distractor

Re: MS DOS 3.3 Kenitec OEM. What you know about this OS?

Post by The Distractor »

someone wrote '6.22' over '3.3'.. i can only assume someone replaced the contents...

pcmuseum-md

Post by pcmuseum-md »

Yes. You are right. The contents was replaced to MS DOS 6.22 which I can find on many of my diskettes.
Can this be a real MS DOS 3.30 version with OEM strings like Kenitec Copyrights? I think, no. It can be original MS DOS 3.30 and some special Kenitec utilities.

danooct1
Donator

Post by danooct1 »

pcmuseum-md wrote:Yes. You are right. The contents was replaced to MS DOS 6.22 which I can find on many of my diskettes.
Can this be a real MS DOS 3.30 version with OEM strings like Kenitec Copyrights? I think, no. It can be original MS DOS 3.30 and some special Kenitec utilities.
it probably was a legitimate disk, but we'll never know since the contents were overwritten twenty years ago. there are a few copies of various kenitec ms-dos versions like 5 floating around on ebay at the moment, but I can't find much else about it.

pcmuseum-md

Post by pcmuseum-md »

Well, I think I can get some information from previous diskette owner (which game them to me). May be he can tell something about this OS. I'll ask him and when I'll get an answer, I'll post some useful information here.

Edit: I received an answer, here it is:
"And surely i can tell you what was on the diskettes. It was just pure MS-DOS 3.30, nothing special about it. There were no particular attributes of Kenitec Personal Computers, the contents were standard for any IBM PC compatible machine."
Now I think I have all the answers on this question.

zacb27

Post by zacb27 »

Still, shame it was overwritten, would be nice to preserve the contents of this
AYY LMAO