Windows 7 Post RTM minor builds

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
maxtorix
Donator

Windows 7 Post RTM minor builds

Post by maxtorix »

7600.0.20652.x86fre.win7_ldr.100223-1505

This is the last know build from rtm minor update branch, what was made on same date with build 7850, and can be reached trough leaked and unleaked updates (some of them ware leaked by Zukona).

Do you know some version made after this, and where I can find this post-rtm updates?

I think this post cannot be consider as a warez because we are talking about post-rtm updates of Windows 7 RTM brach.
Last edited by maxtorix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

maxtorix
Donator

Re: Windows 7 Post RTM minor builds

Post by maxtorix »

After long searching, I've found some of the mentioned updates, and after installing I got this:

This is an original clean untouched (not updated RTM version)

How you can see on the picture bellow, RTM string was replaced with LDR
7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
was changed to:
7600.20652.x86fre.win7_ldr.100223-1505
Last edited by maxtorix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

smartboyhw

Post by smartboyhw »

Hmm. Interesting...
Windows ME: Crap! Windows XP: Awesome! Windows Vista: Crap! Windows 7: Awesome! Windows 8: (Crap!) (c) 2012 smartboyhw
My Blog
Windows ISO's Forum Administrator

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

So, this is a post-rtm version or better to say "Limited Distribution Release - LDR" - but the major build number was not changed, - it's still 7600, however I cannot decide it illegal or not to use this.

I found this too:
Q:What is an UnOfficial Update/HotFix?
A:An Update that is leaked from Microsoft but is not on Windows Update

Q:Why can't I download these straight from MS?
A:They aren't official and cannot be downloaded

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

Would you be able to provide us with the update or a WIM of the post rtm build?

smartboyhw

Post by smartboyhw »

Wait a minute, it is an update that is leaked from Microsoft, but it is NOT official?
Windows ME: Crap! Windows XP: Awesome! Windows Vista: Crap! Windows 7: Awesome! Windows 8: (Crap!) (c) 2012 smartboyhw
My Blog

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

smartboyhw wrote:Wait a minute, it is an update that is leaked from Microsoft, but it is NOT official?
Yes it's unofficial. I want to collect them first, (that will be today, or tomorrow), and after that I will post links for x86 and x64 updates

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

smartboyhw wrote:Wait a minute, it is an update that is leaked from Microsoft, but it is NOT official?
Why would a leak have to be official?

smartboyhw

Post by smartboyhw »

@maxtorix Thank you, maxtorix! Would you upload it on FTP.
@john11 It isn't a leak ORIGINALLY, but then maxtorix is going to.
My Blog

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

smartboyhw wrote:It isn't a leak ORIGINALLY, but then maxtorix is going to.
Either I'm too tired to read, or that sentence doesn't make sense.

Do you mean to say nobody has leaked that build before, and Maxtorix is making an original leak (as in Maxtorix is either getting private leaks, or he's planning to upload a fake release). (and I'm not accusing maxtorix of a fake release, I'm just guessing thats what you meant by official/unofficial)

smartboyhw

Post by smartboyhw »

BTW, what does it mean by ldr?
My Blog

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Christ, these aren't builds.

They're updates.

LDR - Limited Distribution Release. An update that doesn't get generally released - usually because it isn't necessary. These might fix bugs with certain applications or hardware, and are then only made available to the relevent partners to use themselves.

GDR - General Distribution Release. An update that does get generally released, usually through Windows Update. Check your windows build string, and it'll probably have this in it assuming you've had a major update since a Service Pack RTM - I currently have 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030, for example.

Of course, it's not like the fixes in LDR stay hidden from the world. As soon as there's a GDR update that covers the same components as an LDR, the fixes will get pushed globally too. An LDR is simply for a fix that is so minor that Microsoft don't consider it important enough to merit potentially causing extra pain by distributing the update to everyone.

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

smartboyhw wrote:BTW, what does it mean by ldr?
Offtopic Comment
Just google it! "Long-distance relationship" *hehe*

T4C Fantasy

Post by T4C Fantasy »

no the latest known build is 7600.21215 released may 15th, 2012

a build is a build updates are builds, REAL programmers will agree.

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

In the case of Microsoft Windows, updates are not builds... You can make a new build of a program and call it an update but what MS releases as updates are merely bug fixes and simmilar stuff <-- Not new builds. Also, what would you know of REAL programming?

T4C Fantasy

Post by T4C Fantasy »

DeFacto wrote:In the case of Microsoft Windows, updates are not builds... You can make a new build of a program and call it an update but what MS releases as updates are merely bug fixes and simmilar stuff <-- Not new builds. Also, what would you know of REAL programming?
lol im a C++ / VB6 / php,html,xhtml,js/ajak programmer.. even in microsofts case, these are considered builds, if the kernel updates its a build... doesnt matter what you say

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

T4C Fantasy wrote:a build is a build updates are builds, REAL programmers will agree.
MS apparently usually do incremental compiles for updates, so the only changed files in these "builds" are the ones that ship with the update. The rest remain completely untouched, staying with the existing build numbers.

T4C Fantasy

Post by T4C Fantasy »

microsoft does this because its faster to update the version number of the individual fixed file and makes for a smaller download size, a service pack consists of a higher build number than all the previous updates which means if they do make a sp2 build it would be 7602.17844 <-- will not be anything lower than this as of may 17th, 2012 because the current highest is 7601.17843

also in a service pack build not all updated file versions have fixes or changes, its just to rename the file version, major or minor.. a build is a build... and a true builds list will include them all... which is what im attempting to do.. i have alot listed.

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Right, you appear to be the expert in all areas of computers, you probably know best...

T4C Fantasy

Post by T4C Fantasy »

DeFacto wrote:Right, you appear to be the expert in all areas of computers, you probably know best...
not true, im a complete noob to the assembly, binary programming, and i dont even know how to open up an execudable equivalent file from a archive on linux.

im not completely oblivious to my knowledge of computers

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

That was sarcasm, in case you haven't noticed...

T4C Fantasy

Post by T4C Fantasy »

DeFacto wrote:That was sarcasm, in case you haven't noticed...
i know ^^

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

T4C Fantasy wrote:...i dont even know how to open up an execudable equivalent file from a archive on linux.
Offtopic Comment
If you have a source tarball, then unpack it, from Terminal cd into the unpacked folder:

Code: Select all

./configure
make
That will produce binaries. But usually that doesn't work because you don't have the required libraries.

If you want to run a program with no extension use Terminal:

Code: Select all

chmod +x ./program
./program

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

T4C Fantasy wrote:a build is a build...
Except they're only a few files.

The rest is exactly the same as previous releases, even down to the version number, and is thrown away. You can see this for yourself - most updates don't change the build number, because they only cover changed files, and that's all there ever was. The only ones that appear to update the build of Windows you're using are ones that update the relevent files - ie, the kernel.

maxtorix
Donator

Post by maxtorix »

BuildLabEx always has string with the same build number from ntoskrnl.exe
T4C Fantasy wrote:no the latest known build is 7600.21215 released may 15th, 2012
How you can see on this pictures win32k.sys was updated to version 7600.21215, but the BuildLabEx string stay the same.

However, there more than 420 32-bit (x86) updates for Windows 7 Post-RTM (not for SP1)
But I still wait tо receive x64 version of them, when I get them I will post links for download.

This Update will change BuildLabEx version from 7600.16385 to 7600.21163

Download
x64
x86
Last edited by maxtorix on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.