[Request] Roblox's Setup.exe from 2006/2007

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
iBetaTosh

[Request] Roblox's Setup.exe from 2006/2007

Post by iBetaTosh »

Im trying to do a favor for our 06/07 fans back at roblox by trying to get back setup.exe from 2006/2007 with Wayback Archive, however, the archived pages think I already installed roblox, so I am going to get all the help I need from betaarchive to see if they can grab a copy of Roblox's setup.exe from 2006/2007 from their old hard drives/backups.

Any hope is pleasured,
Regards, iBetaTosh

EDIT: We have one of these executables!!! YAY!
Last edited by iBetaTosh on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows XP

Re: [Request] Roblox's Setup.exe from 2006/2007

Post by Windows XP »

Oh, ROBLOX. What was a fun concept for a sandbox game now ruined by whiny bratty children, prepubescent tweens and moderators that wish the Off Topic forum there never existed. The only thing it has going for now is the Lua 5.1 programming language built in that the community thinks you "must master" but really you need to learn.

Then again, if it wasn't for ROBLOX, I wouldn't have met some friends like FoobyZeeky.

My friend wagn has it somewhere, I think. But BetaArchive isn't really the place for Roblox players (really, the only people who play[ed] it [we/a]re you, me and FoobyZeeky)

I'll let you know.
Inactive. I also don't have anything ROBLOX-related, anymore. Please don't ask.

FoobyZeeky
Donator

Post by FoobyZeeky »

This isn't something easy to find, because ROBLOX uses a setup executable that downloads the latest files from the Internet, and checks for updates automatically on startup. Therefore, to get an old version of the game you would have to have a copy of all the program files, and a somehow cracked executable that doesn't check for updates on startup.
sup

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

FoobyZeeky wrote:This isn't something easy to find, because ROBLOX uses a setup executable that downloads the latest files from the Internet, and checks for updates automatically on startup. Therefore, to get an old version of the game you would have to have a copy of all the program files, and a somehow cracked executable that doesn't check for updates on startup.
Actually ROBLOX didn't use the auto-updater until somewhat 2008.

Here, iBetaTosh. It was still lying in ROBLOX's servers, but I decided to upload it to my own site so we don't lose it.
http://flaky.eu/roblox/RobloxSetup.exe

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

Windows XP wrote:Here, iBetaTosh. It was still lying in ROBLOX's servers, but I decided to upload it to my own site so we don't lose it. http://flaky.eu/roblox/RobloxSetup.exe
Thank you XP! Now the recreating will be stopped and robloxians throughout the future will share this executable! If it had not been for BA, it would have been "bye bye memory"!

To celebrate, I am going to post a video on youtube!

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

Here it is! :3

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

iBetaTosh wrote:

Thanks for spreading, hopefully everyone will find it useful.

One thing though, your Internet connection doesn't need to be switched off to run the old ROBLOX. For starters, this was before auto-update became a feature, and I've had no problems with my Internet connections on (Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows Vista Home Premium, although XP and 7 will work.). Again, hopefully any ROBLOX player will find it useful. :D

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

Windows XP wrote:
iBetaTosh wrote:

One thing though, your Internet connection doesn't need to be switched off to run the old ROBLOX. For starters, this was before auto-update became a feature, and I've had no problems with my Internet connections on (Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows Vista Home Premium, although XP and 7 will work.). Again, hopefully any ROBLOX player will find it useful. :D
One problem. I cant access "Test Solo" mode on the rbxl's. They give me an internet error! LUL! It is because were not in 2007 and everything has improved since. That is why I am going to a publish a model which is actually a player so you can play while in edit mode 2012 and 2007 versions will both be published if the one I developed first only works with ROBLOX in 2012.

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

Windows XP wrote:
iBetaTosh wrote:

iBetaTosh wrote:One problem. I cant access "Test Solo" mode on the rbxl's. They give me an internet error! LUL! It is because were not in 2007 and everything has improved since. That is why I am going to a publish a model which is actually a player so you can play while in edit mode 2012 and 2007 versions will both be published if the one I developed first only works with ROBLOX in 2012.
or "in 2007".

sonicdude558

Post by sonicdude558 »

The link is dead. Thankfully I have it archived. I will upload the link to it on Wednesday.
Also, Report abuse Smiley is in the BetaArchive Smilies: :o

sonicdude558

Post by sonicdude558 »

Hiroshima

Post by Hiroshima »

So, why can't I use this? What exactly do we need to do to play old ROBLOX with this updater?

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

sonicdude558 wrote:Here is the link as promised. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56246403/RobloxSetup.exe
Thanks. X10Hosting removed my whole website with no reasoning. :x
Hiroshima wrote:So, why can't I use this? What exactly do we need to do to play old ROBLOX with this updater?
It will be installed seperately as opposed to the current, auto-updating builds of ROBLOX.

rifath33

Post by rifath33 »

The dropbox link will not work! Please help friend!