[Guide] How to restore to custom IPSW firmware.

Tutorials for Operating Systems, Applications etc can be posted here.
troopdesigns

[Guide] How to restore to custom IPSW firmware.

Post by troopdesigns »

If you have used sn0wbreeze to create a custom IPSW file and have no idea how to restore in iTunes, heres a complete how-to guide for Windows!

1. Download sn0wbreeze 2.X (X = 3,4,5 or 6 and above!)
2. Open sn0wbreeze, on Vista and 7 make sure to run as administrator.
3. Near the top left of the program should be some buttons (File, Help and iREB), click on iREB.
4. You will then be taken to the iREB screen. Plug your iDevice in via USB and turn it off. (Hold power for 5 secs then slide to power off)
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter pwned dfu mode.
6. Once you have entered pwned dfu mode, close sn0wbreeze and open iTunes.
7. It will say your device needs to be restored, but do not press anything.
8. Hold Shift while clicking on restore, if all went well, you should be prompted to select an IPSW file.
9. Select the IPSW file that sn0wbreeze made for you.
10. iTunes will wipe out all data and restore to 4.3.X Untethered, jailbroken. (Unless you used sn0wbreeze 3 or 4, which is tethered)

There is no hate, only joy
For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

Loveless Act III from Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core

Exothermal

Re: [Guide] How to restore to custom IPSW firmware.

Post by Exothermal »

Also, for anyone interested, http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ is the absolute mother load of ipod/iphone/ipad firmware. I have used it before and it works beautifully. It should work with sn0wbreeze, although I haven't tested it myself.
Image IS COMING...

AWAX

Post by AWAX »

If you need any ios firmware files, the ipswdownloader app for windows and mac works great. Just google ipsw downloader and you will find the link to download it. Fastest way I've found to get any ipsw that you need.

wolfking789

Post by wolfking789 »

Exothermal wrote:Also, for anyone interested, http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ is the absolute mother load of ipod/iphone/ipad firmware. I have used it before and it works beautifully. It should work with sn0wbreeze, although I haven't tested it myself.
If you use that in conjunction with jailbreakme.com you've got yourself an untethered jailbreak.