[REQ] "Microsoft Max" offline installer

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
xyz

[REQ] "Microsoft Max" offline installer

Post by xyz »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you has an offline installer of "Microsoft Max". All I found in the WWW is an online installer which for sure does no longer work.
Microsoft Max is presented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZOu3GkUhYE
:beta:

dj_cityboy

Re: [REQ] "Microsoft Max" offline installer

Post by dj_cityboy »

Hey man, i may or may not be able to help you with this, its been ages since i messed with this stuff but i am sure we (me, ludacris?, vistacusto?) got this working back in the day as i have screenshots of this installed on WinXP from one of those dudes...but i was never able to get it working myself - my system is x64 - and Max requires x86.

anyways i made a post about it on joejoe.org and copied that post to my blog, you can read about it here and download the files to install: https://djcityboy.wordpress.com/2010/11 ... osoft-max/
Max requires .NET Framework 3.0 RC1, and can only be installed on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and an NTFS hard disk partition; Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003 and Windows 7 are not supported. I have tried it on Win 7, Vista and Longhorn only to be thrown errors as all are unsupported as the documents say, but i figured it was worth a try!
This was the error i got each time i tried to install it....i am sure i must have tried on an x86 system but i dont have any proof i did..and i dont recollect an update to support x64 either.

hopefully you can get it working or someone can get it working.

peas
cityboy

xyz

Post by xyz »

I am sorry for posting this in a wrong category..however thank you very much for your informative post. I was wondering why Max runs only on XP, but not on Longhorn?

xyz

Post by xyz »

I just successfully installed your offline copy on a fresh XP SP2 installation in VMWare, works flawlessly, and in comparison to XP itself it unexpectedly scales correctly (have a 15" 4k display at 200% scaling)
ImageImageImageImage
Sadly it will be hard to port it to somewhere else. I am quite sure it uses a lot of dead code from the Net Framework beta, which didn't make it into the final version.

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

^^ awww dude thats sweet man so glad you were able to get to running, man i wished it ran on x64...

peas
cityboy