"Inexperience" and "Tango" Windows Shell

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
empireum
Donator

"Inexperience" and "Tango" Windows Shell

Post by empireum »

Did anybody try out one or both of these two?

Inexperience Shell Patcher for Windows XP
This basically transforms your Windows XP into the Windows 2000 look and feel, it replaces all the XP icons with the ones from Win2k, it also changes the OS name to "Windows 2002 Professional". Uses an XPize style installer and is automatically reloaded on reboot, so newly patched files will always be inexperienced. I think it's pretty sweet for someone disliking the whole "XP" thing and liking the Classic look. I've been using it for some time and I kinda like it.

Download: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27939557/
Screenshot:

Tango Shell Patcher
This replaces most of the Windows XP and Server 2003 icons with a set of new, cool-looking icons coming from the Open-Soirce world. XPize-style installer, automatically reloading after a reboot. Pretty sweet!

Download: http://vertigosity.benpbrown.com/
Screenshots (1152 by 864): http://vertigosity.benpbrown.com

tpemail

Post by tpemail »

Thanks for offering. The "Inexperience" one would be great since I really hate the default XP theme.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I personally think the "Tango" one is great because it replaces all the childish XP logos and banners with new ones that look much more professional, similar to Vista's icons...

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

tpemail wrote:Thanks for offering. The "Inexperience" one would be great since I really hate the default XP theme.
Heh, I might try that one as well.
Anyway, I was thinking of doing a modified version of "Inexperience", to use Windows 98 SE icons instead of the Windows 2000 one. I think that could look cool.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

i prefer the xp look

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

I hate XP all together lol, if i were to go to windows and had to use XP id apply the patch/theme/w.e
The better candies are in the cage

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

grey is too dull. themes are good . The Vista one is very good

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Themes look unprofessional IMHO. Except for two: the Mac OS X theme which is a very good mixture of white, grey/silver and blue and the Watercolor theme used in Whistler. Other than that, Windows Classic is the one for me if I have to use Windows at all. I have nothing against a new set of icons and stuff, though, but I want my desktop to look professional and functional, not like a playground.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

empireum wrote:Themes look unprofessional IMHO. Except for two: the Mac OS X theme which is a very good mixture of white, grey/silver and blue and the Watercolor theme used in Whistler. Other than that, Windows Classic is the one for me if I have to use Windows at all. I have nothing against a new set of icons and stuff, though, but I want my desktop to look professional and functional, not like a playground.
Though Watercolor (the Whistler Beta theme) looks alright to me. I managed to find a site which had this one for download, so I'm now using it in Windows XP SP 1 final.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Though Watercolor (the Whistler Beta theme) looks alright to me. I managed to find a site which had this one for download, so I'm now using it in Windows XP SP 1 final.
You can get a Watercolor theme mod from the link below, it's the one that I have been using, it's very nice and even has colour variations, you can decide between Light Blue (as used in Whistler), Dark Blue, Green and Silver (and maybe a 5th colur, I can't remember right now). I'm mostly using the Dark Blue or the Silver flavour...

http://www.johnmarkmusic.com/neowin/Wat ... tev211.zip

And here's another one:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sherry.pon ... olor43.exe

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

empireum wrote:
You can get a Watercolor theme mod from the link below, it's the one that I have been using, it's very nice and even has colour variations, you can decide between Light Blue (as used in Whistler), Dark Blue, Green and Silver (and maybe a 5th colur, I can't remember right now). I'm mostly using the Dark Blue or the Silver flavour...

http://www.johnmarkmusic.com/neowin/Wat ... tev211.zip

And here's another one:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sherry.pon ... olor43.exe
WatercolorLitev211 was the one I was using until now - now I downloaded the Watercolor43 versin, and I'm using this one, though it's actually the very same skin, just the name is slightly different.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

If you look at the last few pages of the Watercolor 4.3 thread (link below), you can find some nice modifications of it with different colors and such. But I can't verify if all the links still work. Still, it's worth a look IMHO.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32604

tpemail

Post by tpemail »

empireum wrote: you can decide between Light Blue (as used in Whistler), Dark Blue, Green and Silver (and maybe a 5th colur, I can't remember right now). I'm mostly using the Dark Blue or the Silver flavour...
The one I'm using contains Blue, Ergonomic, Lite Blue, Lite Ergonomic, Lite Olive, Lite Silver, Lite Violet, Olive Green and Silver. I like Lite Violet most

Too bad I forgot which one of them I'm using...

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

This is one from the Neowin thread, just a mod of the original watercolor with quite a few different colours.

I'm currently using the "Ninja" colour scheme, and it is totally awesome.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for this, I really like the "tango" theme.

Also, pr0gram, that Neowin Thread looks pretty awesome!
-Jeff

Frozenport
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

I love tango on my Arch... Although I wish you had more control over the installer
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

any vista ones ?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Why should there be any?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

cause some people around here use it

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Wait... What exactly are you talking about now? About Watercolor themes for Vista?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

ya