[OFFER] Windows Longhorn Build 4093 Longhorn.ms Fixed ISO

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
coltonspleen

[OFFER] Windows Longhorn Build 4093 Longhorn.ms Fixed ISO

Post by coltonspleen »

As with the build 2531 ISO, the Longhorn build 4093 ISO was heavily edited, but in the setup portion instead of virtually everywhere like with the build 2531 ISO, but everything else is still the legit build. The original leakers (c0derz in this case) made a bootable CD using build 4033's WinPE and edited startnet.cmd. Lukas and Melcher were able to restore the setup of build 4093 to it's original state using build 4093's actual WinPE. The link for the fixed build 4093 ISO is available here: http://longhorn.ms/fixed-version-4093
mrpijey, can you please check and see whether the build 4093 ISO on the FTP is this fixed ISO?

beta.a.brian

Re: [OFFER] Windows Longhorn Build 4093 Longhorn.ms Fixed IS

Post by beta.a.brian »

Please don't capitalize on other people's hard work like this. This isn't an offer,because this iso is already known for 2 years.
#8032forbrian came true

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I wasn't capitalizing, and if it is (unintentionally), I'll do my best to deal with the matter (even going so far as to asking the people involved if necessary), but however, I think these are more indicative of the original build and the only reason why I offered it was because it is closer to the original build as compiled in M$ than even the ISO that's in the FTP in the first place (which is more likely than not the c0derz ISO), because under how you think, that ISO as well apparently capitalizes on M$'s work, which is what build 4093 is in the first place. And if this devolves into a flamewar between you and me, then I will request this thread be locked. End of story.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It's not the same as the one on the FTP. Once again I need some comparisons and see what's different.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Gimme a minute and I'll send up a few screenshots... EDIT: Screenshots and a description of what changed is below.
For one, the WinPE that boots up the initial setup is the actual WinPE from 4093, no more batch file from the leakers, and the build itself is easier to install.
As in build 4033's WinPE logo doesn't show up anymore. The original ISO has this for a bootscreen: Image
while this new ISO uses the proper build 4093 bootscreen when starting setup. Sometimes it doesn't even show up.
And this from the original ISO isn't present anymore: Image
It just starts the setup right away like with any other Longhorn build. And the first-boot setup doesn't take forever like it did with the original ISO. With the original ISO, it may take like a day or two to get off of 1st boot setup (we don't have time for that). This ISO has first-boot setup finished within 1-6 hours depending on your hardware.

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

I do think that Cod3rz made it, but it's actually Hounsell who hosts it, because they said thanks to him. Maybe ask him for the changes of this ISO. I did download and install this build, and it uses 4033's PE (corrupted in the original One I think), and there were some fixes but don't know where afaik.
S.A.

Releases done so far : 21
Member of Microsoft France's House of Fans (^^)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It's still something off with this ISO because the tools I got to identify it goes all bonkers with this ISO, and only this ISO... so I need to investigate how the ISO was compiled and see why it doesn't work properly.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

That's certainly weird. If you want this particular ISO's crc32/md5/sha1, here they are:
CRC32: F0AA6023
MD5: C008E12B7BEBA0D0A8C2720E61B9041D
SHA-1: A45EA90342E96FD3ACF2ADD6573CDD678C079FA4

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Where did you get the hacked ISO anyway? Since I asked for proof that ours (the one on our FTP) is less correct than the fixed one on longhorn.ms.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Considering that the original release by MS was broken by default neither of these are originals or even as closely to the original, since the original is broken by default. But ours isn't the "coderz" one and as closely as possible to a proper build could be if MS had released a working ISO from the start.

No LH build came with a single index in the WIM. This "fixed" one does (which is why the renamer goes bonkers), ours doesn't and is identified properly. This "fixed" one also has wrong timestamps as it's inconsistent (some from 2004-08-20 (which is correct), some from 2006-08-28, some from 2004-05-18). This "fixed" one is also ULTRAISO tagged with a time stamp of 2014-04-28 which means it was further modified.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Good to know. I guess this offer is withdrawed. Go ahead and lock this.