Was Windows 10 screwed since build 9926?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
gtgamer468

Was Windows 10 screwed since build 9926?

Post by gtgamer468 »

In my opinion, I would choose the first option because since the introduction of the Continuum Start, I thought that it was terrible. The only feature I would approve would be Cortana since a voice assistance did sound very tempting. Everything else was too buggy, even the File Explorer. I would however, wish that Microsoft provides a way to back port the DirectUI to Windows 8.1 (RT edition already did through Update 3) or allow a way to bring it back to the later builds. Any answers are always welcome as long as it doesn't start a "flame war"

Splitwirez

Re: [Poll] Was Windows 10 screwed since build 9926

Post by Splitwirez »

gtgamer468 wrote:I would however, wish that Microsoft provides a way to back port the DirectUI to Windows 8.1 (RT edition already did through Update 3)
As a Classic Shell user, I completely agree with that, ironically .__.

...though it'd be nice if it were atleast skinnable via Visual Styles...

gtgamer468

Re: Was Windows 10 screwed since build 9926?

Post by gtgamer468 »

What do you think about the Action Center; it has evolved throughout the preview and through later projects, though I would choose the Windows 8 Charms Bar over it anytime

DiaoSlime

Post by DiaoSlime »

For me,MS screwed up win10 after build 10586

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N9200 發送

DiaoSlime

Post by DiaoSlime »

Also 9879 is the best winfows 10 build!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N9200 發送

InsertGoodNameHere

Post by InsertGoodNameHere »

Splitwirez wrote:...though it'd be nice if it were atleast skinnable via Visual Styles...
I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't like UI skinning. Is there anything wrong with it?
Don't visit much, if ever.

Looking to contact me? Shoot me a PM on reddit (here).

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

InsertGoodNameHere wrote:
Splitwirez wrote:...though it'd be nice if it were atleast skinnable via Visual Styles...
I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't like UI skinning. Is there anything wrong with it?
Remember that .msstyles files are plain DLL files with a different extension. Perhaps there are some security reasons why it's not possible to "legally" skin Windows without replacing system files.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

AlphaBeta wrote:
InsertGoodNameHere wrote:
Remember that .msstyles files are plain DLL files with a different extension. Perhaps there are some security reasons why it's not possible to "legally" skin Windows without replacing system files.
Well they don't seem to have anything against it proper - MS's attitude seems to be "do it at your own risk". If I'm interpreting that correctly, they don't care.

Also I'd like to note that the UxTheme signature check was absent from many builds of Longhorn, and I remember reading somewhere that they may have been considering officially supporting 3rd-party Visual Styles. If that's true, then I doubt there are security risks. My guess is that they're not inclined to allow it because some styles have compatibility issues with certain applications or are just buggy in general, and they don't want to let uninformed users screw themselves over. Of course, I could be completely wrong, not to mention that I may be somewhat biased, being a Visual Style artist myself.

Drapy

Post by Drapy »

DiaoSlime wrote:For me,MS screwed up win10 after build 10586
Totally agreed with that, 1 theme destroys the pc
Nope, I'm back on the same old account.