Whistler 2415 question

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
VoodooMystic

Whistler 2415 question

Post by VoodooMystic »

Does anybody know if 2415 (the first known build to feature an early Luna) is in a usable form anymore? Like, do any private collectors / traders happen to have it? I'm not asking for a leak, but just to see if it exists in the hands of anyone outside of Microsoft. It's probably my most favorite Windows build because of how it has a Windows 7-style clock, plus I love that legacy Windows logo on the start button, and the glow the start menu has on the log off / power button.
Offtopic Comment
Oh, and as a curiosity, were there any builds of any version of Windows which were lost by collectors, due to hard drive crashes / accidents? I'm curious.

hounsell

Re: Whistler 2415 question

Post by hounsell »

I've certainly not heard of it outside of Microsoft, and I don't believe that it's a likely candidate to have made it outside of Microsoft either.

There's certainly been cases of individuals losing unleaked copies of Windows. I can't recall any remotely verifiable cases where that person has been the only person with a copy. In such circumstances, you tend to get the hang of making sure everything is redundant.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

VoodooMystic wrote:Does anybody know if 2415 (the first known build to feature an early Luna) is in a usable form anymore? Like, do any private collectors / traders happen to have it? I'm not asking for a leak, but just to see if it exists in the hands of anyone outside of Microsoft. It's probably my most favorite Windows build because of how it has a Windows 7-style clock, plus I love that legacy Windows logo on the start button, and the glow the start menu has on the log off / power button.
Offtopic Comment
Oh, and as a curiosity, were there any builds of any version of Windows which were lost by collectors, due to hard drive crashes / accidents? I'm curious.
Certainly, any REAL collector would use a backup system, rendering the offtopic comment almost unnecessary.

Courage

Post by Courage »

coltonspleen wrote:Certainly, any REAL collector would use a backup system, rendering the offtopic comment almost unnecessary.
Offtopic Comment
You forget that collectors are also human, and backup systems can also fail. Think about the many historical documents lost over the years due to complete accidents. This guy is curious about unleaked builds, and he asked a perfectly valid question about them.

MS-GIL

Post by MS-GIL »

I have never seen this build and it sounds like something that never made its way out of Microsoft but it sounds amazing
Subscribe To MS-GIL on YouTube for computing videos and tutorials :)

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

This build was shown publicly at CES 2001 (other examples of conference builds include: 2222, 4050, etc.). These demo builds very rarely leak, but it would be very cool if we had this.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Guys, take a look at the clock portion of the taskbar. It's RADICALLY different. Shows both the time and the day of the week, not just the time.

Roo_the_Vickty
Permanently Banned

Post by Roo_the_Vickty »

Coz its bigger by few px than ordinary one

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

Why does this build use Luna, 2417 does not have Luna..
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

Courage

Post by Courage »

betaluva wrote:Why does this build use Luna, 2417 does not have Luna..
Different labs. This build is from Lab06, very well known for other builds like this. (see 4015.lab06 or 4042)

Roo_the_Vickty
Permanently Banned

Post by Roo_the_Vickty »

Shell labs are always step ahead of ui than others :)

MS-GIL

Post by MS-GIL »

I would love to get my hands on that. I love that it has the legacy logo. I wonder, if it were to be leaked, where you'd find such a beauty.
Subscribe To MS-GIL on YouTube for computing videos and tutorials :)

VoodooMystic

Post by VoodooMystic »

Exactly, hence why I said it's a "Windows 7" style, though the date shows the day instead of the x/x/xxxx format 7 used.

KevinIsVeryKawaii

Post by KevinIsVeryKawaii »

I hope It get's leaked. It looks like an interesting build.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

coltonspleen wrote:
VoodooMystic wrote:Does anybody know if 2415 (the first known build to feature an early Luna) is in a usable form anymore? Like, do any private collectors / traders happen to have it? I'm not asking for a leak, but just to see if it exists in the hands of anyone outside of Microsoft. It's probably my most favorite Windows build because of how it has a Windows 7-style clock, plus I love that legacy Windows logo on the start button, and the glow the start menu has on the log off / power button.
Offtopic Comment
Certainly, any REAL collector would use a backup system, rendering the offtopic comment almost unnecessary.
Surely you have met and documented every "collector", and ensured that they have complex RAID setups with offsite tape backups. You should grow up from the no true scotsman crap.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

user99672 wrote:
coltonspleen wrote:
Offtopic Comment
Surely you have met and documented every "collector", and ensured that they have complex RAID setups with offsite tape backups. You should grow up from the no true scotsman crap.
That's what I meant by almost, user99672.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

coltonspleen wrote:
user99672 wrote:
coltonspleen wrote:
Offtopic Comment
That's what I meant by almost, user99672.
If that's the case, you should've known not to say "any real collector would do $x $y $z". Educate Yourself.