[REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Damian9303
Permanently Banned

[REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered

Post by Damian9303 »

Hello, where can I download Windows 2000 Powered SP1 Intergrated from? If it is in the BA FTP, can you please upload it someone where else like MediaFire, MEGA, 2shared, 4shared, etc. Thanks! :) UPDATE: Added "[REQUEST]" in the title and removed "SP1 Intergrated" so I can get more than 1 version.
Last edited by Damian9303 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows OS

Re: Windows 2000 Powered SP1 Intergrated

Post by Windows OS »

Welp, it's not on the FTP, I can tell you that much.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

Well, is there any other version/service pack of this on the FTP and if so, can you tell me which version/service pack they are cause I found screenshots of this at the Screenshot Gallery.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

I implore you to use the search function on this board. Windows 2000 "Powered" was something that was slipstreamed in, so any distributions of it, even if "legitimate", are either one-off pieces by people who used the SAK (Server Appliance Kit), or are SysPrep'd for a specific, usually headless piece of hardware by an OEM. Naturally, that would imply that it may be missing drivers, is BIOS locked, among other issues.

Unless my memory is failing me, I do believe the one with the windows-flag-in-yellow box/red-loading-bar-bootscreen is a hackjob by (xISO?), and not legitimate. I've had a copy of such an ISO before, but have neglected to perform any authenticity checks on it. I do remember that upgrading from whatever service pack it was reverted the branding to the default of "Windows 2000 Server Family."

Microsoft documentation on the matter:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa286528.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms855404.aspx

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

Yea, I have a fake one that used to be on WinWorldPC that had no fake boot screen at all. I remember someone installing Internet Explorer 6 on it and it reverted back to normal too. If you want, we can upload both of our ISO's somewhere like MediaFire, 2shared, 4shared, etc. Does that seem fair? Time might be delayed due to my computer being broke but I can maybe turn it into a ISO (cause yes, I did burn it to a blank disc) and upload it to 4shared (you need a account and I am telling you this because people pick the way without a account and that just installs a virus)

user99672
Donator

Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered

Post by user99672 »

Emphasis on "had". I no longer have the file.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Damian9303 wrote:Yea, I have a fake one that used to be on WinWorldPC that had no fake boot screen at all. I remember someone installing Internet Explorer 6 on it and it reverted back to normal too. If you want, we can upload both of our ISO's somewhere like MediaFire, 2shared, 4shared, etc. Does that seem fair? Time might be delayed due to my computer being broke but I can maybe turn it into a ISO (cause yes, I did burn it to a blank disc) and upload it to 4shared (you need a account and I am telling you this because people pick the way without a account and that just installs a virus)
Offtopic Comment
Why use 4Shared then?
Interestingly this seems to exist under the name "Windows Powered 2.0", and it's apparently Windows 2000 SP4 underneath. I'm pretty sure I had a fake ISO in the past though (which I lost a long time ago). Maybe Windows Powered 1.0 exists?

This thread also looks interesting. http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... t/16601104 - maybe you could find install media for that particular server?
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

I looked up "Microsoft Windows Powered" and I discovered that Microsoft kept using the brand into the XP/2003 era:
ImageImage
Not so sure if the OS has any "Windows Powered" branding on it, however.

I did some research through BetaArchive and I noticed that at least BA user Kenneth and KenOath (both are long gone by the way) had a copy: http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... =16&t=3229
Unfortunately, neither copy still exists on the FTP (probably because that thread was made before 2000 became abandonware). So, we'll have to keep looking... Maybe Gnome or Andy might still have a copy from that thread.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Windows OS wrote:I looked up "Microsoft Windows Powered" and I discovered that Microsoft kept using the brand into the XP/2003 era:
ImageImage
Not so sure if the OS has any "Windows Powered" branding on it, however.

I did some research through BetaArchive and I noticed that at least BA user Kenneth and KenOath (both are long gone by the way) had a copy: http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... =16&t=3229
Unfortunately, neither copy still exists on the FTP (probably because that thread was made before 2000 became abandonware). So, we'll have to keep looking... Maybe Gnome or Andy might still have a copy from that thread.
Yup, I saw that too.
For some reason these embedded versions interest me hugely. Aside from those YouTube videos there's little evidence of them even existing, but hey, that's the point right :-)

Found the WinWorld copy on this mirror: http://leoromo.net/mirrors/winworld/Aba ... owered.iso
A mirror of WinWorld back in it's early days, it seems

I'm not sure if it's fake or not - take a look at the Dell thread to see that the same issue occurred to the user there too who looks to have a legit copy. Could anyone download and check?
Offtopic Comment
I have very little phpBB experience - how do you highlight names like that?
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

meagain wrote:Yup, I saw that too.
For some reason these embedded versions interest me hugely. Aside from those YouTube videos there's little evidence of them even existing, but hey, that's the point right :-)

Found the WinWorld copy on this mirror: http://leoromo.net/mirrors/winworld/Aba ... owered.iso
A mirror of WinWorld back in it's early days, it seems

I'm not sure if it's fake or not - take a look at the Dell thread to see that the same issue occurred to the user there too who looks to have a legit copy. Could anyone download and check?
Downloading right now. Unfortuently, it looks like it'll take a while:
Offtopic Comment
meagain wrote:I have very little phpBB experience - how do you highlight names like that?
On the side of the full reply box, there is a "font colour" selection, allowing you to change your, well... font color. If you want it, here's the color hex codes for the account ranking colors (thanks to Wheatley for originally posting them):
#FF6600 = Administrator
#000099 = Donator
#CC0000 = FTP Access
#009900 = Staff
#FF00FF = VIP

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

If this is the same file I think it is, I would take its authenticity with a shaker of salt..... I don't think the guys over at WWPC would remove it from their catalog without good reason.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

user99672 wrote:If this is the same file I think it is, I would take its authenticity with a shaker of salt..... I don't think the guys over at WWPC would remove it from their catalog without good reason.
Again, it might be because this file first surfaced when Windows 2000 was still supported, and thus, not abandonware. The download just completed. So:
Darkwing Duck wrote:Lets get dangerous

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

Windows OS wrote:
user99672 wrote:If this is the same file I think it is, I would take its authenticity with a shaker of salt..... I don't think the guys over at WWPC would remove it from their catalog without good reason.
Again, it might be because this file first surfaced when Windows 2000 was still supported, and thus, not abandonware. The download just completed. So:
Do some research and logical thinking before you post. Extended Support for Windows 2000, ended on July 13, 2010. There was no additional support for any particular SKU. So why would they remove only one?. Removal for support under that logic makes absolutely no sense.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

I suspect a fake too - just thought it would be a good way to confirm this.
WinWorld hold a lot of pirated releases anyway, and I can't seem to find the thread where this release was removed. Strange.
I'll take a further look tomorrow.
Offtopic Comment
Thanks for those colours - I thought there was a easier way - I remember proboards allowed @username and it did it for you. Never mind

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

user99672 wrote:
Windows OS wrote:
Do some research and logical thinking before you post. Extended Support for Windows 2000, ended on July 13, 2010. There was no additional support for any particular SKU. So why would they remove only one?.
I know that. However, I just looked at the mirror and discovered that the file is from 2015. So I slipped up. Sorry! :$ Don't have to call me illogical about it...
Anyway, I noticed that the EULA mentions "Windows 2000 Powered" so far. More updates coming soon...
UPDATE 1: First boot up, Windows 2000 Server Family Boot Screen:
UPDATE 2:In the graphical part of setup and even through the background is the Windows 2000 Advanced Server setup background, the winver banner is for Windows Powered:
UPDATE 3:Annnnnnddddddddd DEAD END since I do not have a product key. Looks like I need to do some ISO hacking to get "Windows Powered" to install with no key...

pool7

Post by pool7 »

Considering Windows Powered is Windows 2000+SAK, I'm sure the key is a regular Windows 2000 key... just fyi so you don't get crazy trying to find a Windows 2000 Powered key.

James

Post by James »

Wasn't this just some reshacked job that some dude did on OSBA?

Roo_the_Vickty
Permanently Banned

Post by Roo_the_Vickty »

4th page there says it was a fake
while they show MS net link where it says it does exist, but this offered ISO was most likely fake

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

James wrote:Wasn't this just some reshacked job that some dude did on OSBA?
Know what. I'm actually calling a fake too. Since all documentation on the ISO (except for the EULA) does not mention Windows (2000) Powered. But back to the question:
DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY HAVE THE REAL FILE???

haroldas.velioniskis
Donator

Post by haroldas.velioniskis »

There is NO real file. It's just Win2K AS with applied SAK kit.

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

Key and youtube video removed. Do not post keys on the forums /mrp

pool7

Post by pool7 »

I don't think non-beta keys are allowed in the forum, regardless if the OS is abandonware.
You may want to check with a mod/admin.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

haroldas.velioniskis wrote:There is NO real file. It's just Win2K AS with applied SAK kit.
That's what I meant. The SAS kit and the files needed for Windows Powered.
Last edited by Windows OS on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

pool7

Post by pool7 »

SAK 2.0 and 2.01 were still available for download from MS not too long ago but I think they aren't anymore.
SAK 3.0 and 3.1 are long gone, but were also free to download from MS (I think they required some kind of registration to download)

If someone wants these, I'll look for them in my archives and upload them.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

pool7 wrote:SAK 2.0 and 2.01 were still available for download from MS not too long ago but I think they aren't anymore.
SAK 3.0 and 3.1 are long gone, but were also free to download from MS (I think they required some kind of registration to download)

If someone wants these, I'll look for them in my archives and upload them.
I wannit I wannit I wannit!!!1!!11!

Stupid MS deleting older downloads...

UPDATE Got it installed:
But...
This is fake. Other than the EULA, the Start menu and Winver branding, the rest seem to be identical to Windows 2000 Advanced Server, while information I looked up about this hinted at a different boot screen and a new wallpaper. So, in order to solve this mystery, we need the Server Appliance Kit and the files needed to slipstream Windows Powered onto a copy of Win2K Advanced Server.