Roboball (Akelote was at it again)

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
ATOS Productions

Roboball (Akelote was at it again)

Post by ATOS Productions »

Digging through my collection of optical media, I found yet another miserable game. This time, a 3D Breakout/Arkanoid-style abomination called Roboball developed by Twisted Glass and brought to the Baltics by (again) Akelote ir Ko - the same company that dragged W.A.R. Soldier to my homeland.
As I am not sure whether it is old enough to fit out abandonware standards, I made a simple ISO rip and uploaded it to MEGA. Feel free to poke with a stick. Beware of the unintelligible Lettish translation (man does it show Akelote was a Lithuanian company)

A little warning: I remember this running just fine on my old Athlon XP (256M RAM, GeForce MX440, WinXP SP3), installed off the same disc. However, today I tested it on 2 VirtualBox machines, one of WinXP and the other Win8, and was not able to run them. Not sure whether it's a damaged disc, corrupt ISO or the game simply not liking VBox. So your mileage may vary. Report if you actually can make it run.

Download (Filesize: 61.4mb)

If this should be on our FTP, I can dump the disc proper and scan the cover. Just notify me.
I have some other manureware games I'll upload a bit later - after I finish tidying my room and slap meself for not taking the very obvious step of COMPRESSING the ISOs before starting upload. I can't understand how this hasn't become a habit with my miserable uplink.
Last edited by ATOS Productions on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No need to refer to me in my full username, Atoss or ATOS will do fine.

CraZyEddy2010

Re: Roboball (Akelote was at it again)

Post by CraZyEddy2010 »

Thank you for sharing. Anyway we need a key for downloading
"Lady Justice has been raped
Truth assassin
Rolls of red tape seal your lips
Now you're done in
Their money tips her scales again
Make your deal"

ATOS Productions

Re: Roboball (Akelote was at it again)

Post by ATOS Productions »

CraZyEddy2010 wrote:Thank you for sharing. Anyway we need a key for downloading
Sorry, my bad. Fixed that, the link no longer requests a key.
No need to refer to me in my full username, Atoss or ATOS will do fine.