Have I Uploaded??

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
aaronducetech

Have I Uploaded??

Post by aaronducetech »

Hi,

I dont know whether i have uploaded my file to the public ftp server. I used filezilla and the guide on your website and when i connected it took me to a root folder with nothing in it. I uploaded the file with the name aaronducetech - Microsoft MS-DOS 6 (6.22) plus Enhanced Tools (3.5 Floppy) (06-1994) [English].rar but i do not know whether it was successful.

I uploaded this file as a contribution to get the FTP server access so i need some verification please.

-aaronducetech

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Have I Uploaded??

Post by mrpijey »

I have replied in a PM.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

aaronducetech

Post by aaronducetech »

I do not have the original scans or images as the discs were destroyed in a flood but i had the backups of the floppies so i had to send them with those images

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- mrpijey: You may want to compare his release with this: https://winworldpc.com/download/CFCD68B ... 04A6F17893 . There have been cases in the past already when people took releases from WinWorld, and uploaded them to BA, complete with the JPG scans or photos, then claimed they can't provide anything better because the floppies got destroyed. I sure hope this is not the case this time, but still, better verify.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

aaronducetech wrote:I do not have the original scans or images as the discs were destroyed in a flood but i had the backups of the floppies so i had to send them with those images
Well sorry, then I can't accept your upload. We need 100% proper and original releases, and you need to be able to prove they are original as well, otherwise they can be compromised and you won't be able to recreate the dumps, or as in this case, provide better scans. So I am sorry, but your upload has been rejected. You need to find something else to contribute.
Battler wrote:- mrpijey: You may want to compare his release with this: https://winworldpc.com/download/CFCD68B ... 04A6F17893 . There have been cases in the past already when people took releases from WinWorld, and uploaded them to BA, complete with the JPG scans or photos, then claimed they can't provide anything better because the floppies got destroyed. I sure hope this is not the case this time, but still, better verify.
Yeah, you're right and it does happen, a lot actually since many new members try to get a quick fix into the FTP. I've encountered a lot of previous uploads that came directly from winworld or other sites (often even with their info tags included). This is why we require original dumps from the original owner so we can guarantee it's a fresh dump with a fresh scan, and not something that has bounced around on the net and modified in unknown ways.

However in this case I don't know where the floppy images and scans come from, and unfortunately I can't take aaronducetech's word that they are original. I need proper proof and proper dumps and scans. We try to keep the FTP clean from unknown dumps and we are slowly replacing old and bad dumps with fresh ones, and I will not add an another unknown dump to the FTP just for the sake of it, preservation or not. This is also a fairly common title so I have no doubts we will find a member that actually owns this set and can provide us with all the properly prepared materials we require for the FTP.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

You need to provide proper dumps, and scans if at all possible. Your dumps are likely modified, IHC'd, possibly corrupted, etc. Hopefully someone will drop us a clean dump of this one day :)