Windows Changelog Site, some updates happening

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
Betatester

Windows Changelog Site, some updates happening

Post by Betatester »

This is a Windows changelog site that I came up with. https://sites.google.com/site/windowsch ... collection

It's been a while since I've touched it, but I'm now giving it some big improvements. Most of the changelogs already on the site have been blanked out and I'm completely rewriting them from scratch ("What has happened" blog).

I am open to changelog requests, so feel free to use the site's Contact Form, but please don't spam it. I intend this to be a very serious project.
Last edited by Betatester on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
Is back... for now. I'll be active on the BA Wiki, where the "Windows Changelog Collection" might make a bit of a comeback, too.

johnleakedfan

Re: Windows Changelog Site (WIP)

Post by johnleakedfan »

You See that there is Wiki's Dedicated to that, but if you can get people to contribute to it, That is Your Hope. :cool:

Actually, I Notice you Put alot of Info into some of them, that seems pretty good so far :D
Offtopic Comment
I Got Working copies (VHD's?) of Chicago Builds 73f, 73g, 81 and Many More Builds I Could Help You With

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

What's wrong with http://changewindows.org/ ?

nazguz
Permanently Banned

Post by nazguz »

it just has win 10

Betatester

Post by Betatester »

Ludacris wrote:What's wrong with http://changewindows.org/ ?
ChangeWindows only documents all versions of Windows (Phone) since Windows 8 RTM. I'm intending to make my site cover all versions and builds of Windows.
johnleakedfan wrote:You See that there is Wiki's Dedicated to that, but if you can get people to contribute to it, That is Your Hope.
With my information, someone could update the BA Wiki for me since I don't have the permissions required to make an account there yet. Also, it might be a good idea at some point to allow people to contribute, since I can't document everything by myself, and it might grow much faster, too.
Is back... for now. I'll be active on the BA Wiki, where the "Windows Changelog Collection" might make a bit of a comeback, too.

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

I hope you know that http://www.thecollectionbook.info already does a good job on that. As you wish however, continue filling up your site and let's see how it goes. I would like to see what it turns out to be.

Betatester

Post by Betatester »

computebrute wrote:I hope you know that http://www.thecollectionbook.info already does a good job on that.
Yes, I know this, but The Collection Book only says basic things like "... the Start Menu has a sidebar and larger icons in the first menu", while my version of a Chicago changelog depicts things like "All-new Start Menu design with color icons and backdrop image to the side, but not quite like the one in the final version of Windows 95.", with additional notes as well. TCB only skims over major changes to various versions of the Windows operating system, but mine is a whole list of even the slightest visible changes, like typos and capitalization.

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

Betatester wrote:
computebrute wrote:I hope you know that http://www.thecollectionbook.info already does a good job on that.
Yes, I know this, but The Collection Book only says basic things like "... the Start Menu has a sidebar and larger icons in the first menu", while my version of a Chicago changelog depicts things like "All-new Start Menu design with color icons and backdrop image to the side, but not quite like the one in the final version of Windows 95.", with additional notes as well. TCB only skims over major changes to various versions of the Windows operating system, but mine is a whole list of even the slightest visible changes, like typos and capitalization.
I doubt that you'd be able to spot ALL changes unless you download every single build there is and then thoroughly examine the entire OS. And that doesn't just mean the GUI, you claimed that you'd note every slight change so I guess you'd have to look further into it. Point is, it's just not possible to do unless you have unlimited time on your hands.

dans34
Donator

Re: Windows Changelog Site (DELETED)

Post by dans34 »

if you are going to stop doing something because someone says its a bad idea then dont post it

just needed more pictures ...

nazguz
Permanently Banned

Post by nazguz »

dans34 wrote:if you are going to stop doing something because someone says its a bad idea then dont post it
this !

also another great project would be offline version of such "OS database and info"

Betatester

Post by Betatester »

dans34 wrote:if you are going to stop doing something because someone says its a bad idea then dont post it
Well, it wasn't a bad idea at first. It wasn't until about 2:45 today that it was either "delete the post that you made on Betaarchive about this website or you will be banned permanently." (a clue as to who that might be? try and guess) So I just changed it. It's not like I'm a moderator and I can delete this whole topic. I don't even know what the big deal was anyway since this person decided to be completely unspecific.

Also, I'm not really "stopping" in a sense, I'll always update it when I can, I just removed the link from here to make this person happy.

(Unless this person is some impostor pretending to be who he says he is? Proof: http://www.wegwerfemailadresse.com/)

Matriks404

Re: Windows Changelog Site (PENDING A REOPENING)

Post by Matriks404 »

Hey, how detailed whout it be? I created my own wiki, but I started with first 86-DOS, PC-DOS and MS-DOS versions to continue later on first versions of Windows. The link is beta-changes.wikia.com. I didn't update wiki for a while, because I don't have access to valuable website with all builds of Windows, and I am too lazy to actually contribute to BA myself. I just want to know if you're having similar goal, and there is sense to update my wiki if you're going to make separate project.

Betatester

Post by Betatester »

Matriks404 wrote:Hey, how detailed whout it be?
This is kind of what you'll expect once I bring back the link (even though it's there in the image):

I'm not even done with this Windows Setup bit yet. ^^

dans34
Donator

Post by dans34 »

only thing i can say is add more pictures , show some of the differences

Betatester

Re: Windows Changelog Site (OPEN AGAIN)

Post by Betatester »

Some big updates for WCC are coming next week:

https://sites.google.com/site/windowsch ... gbreakwooo

Feel free to use the site's Contact Form and request documentation for various builds of Windows.