4039 Fax form

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Melcher
Donator

4039 Fax form

Post by Melcher »

Originally this app should have been loaded through fxssendui.exe in the I386 folder, but it simply refuses to show anything.
Loading the BAML file that goes with the application yields the result below. Even though it's badly broken it's still interesting to see how even a fax app got re-imagined in Avalon.

mrcobra92

Re: 4039 Fax form

Post by mrcobra92 »

Bow that's interesting! I never would have guessed the fax app of all things to be redone! Is it even usable at all?

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

Sadly, it isn't. It throws a NullPointer as soon as it starts. Somehow (and this might be because of the way I loaded this) it fails to register an element since it's not initialised.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Is there a possibility for you to fix fxssendui.exe? Maybe that will make the app, at least, semi-functional.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

I'm afraid not. Avalon throws an exception on loading the BAML. Maybe this is because the original Applications add a namespace map to external assemblies (i.e. assemblies that where somewhere in the company's network at the time) that probably have some additional features the build's assemblies do not have.