Windows XP Phone Dialer

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
veso266

Windows XP Phone Dialer

Post by veso266 »

Windows XP has Phone Dialer software (made by Active Voice) it allows users to make phone and internet calls it also allow video converence

But when I wan't to create Video Conference in it it says that it can't connect to server (And would also like to install it on windows 7 (I tried copying the files but when I run it in Windows 7 it never works. Then I saw on about screen that I can go to: http://www.activevoice.com/dialer to get updates but unfortionatly the site isn't uvalable anymore
I tried viewing it on Internet Archive but it can only display the site from year 2001 when Cisco bought this so again nothing about this software

So I wonder if anyone accualy used this software and can tell me how it was

PS: I tried searching on google for this but no installer no updates (it only finds Microsoft overview for it (which I mean plain text without pictures)

So I would like to know littlebit more about this softawre like how to make Video Calls and Conference calls)

PPS: I would also like to create server for Video Conference

Thanks for Anwser and Best Regards

Win7

Re: Windows XP Phone Dialer

Post by Win7 »

Well, to create a conferencing server, just download Windows 2000 Advanced Server from BA FTP, set up an Active Directory domain and finally install Site Server ILS networking service. Then, you're ready to go, even with NetMeeting.

Active Voice is now defunct, and its Phone Dialer software has been discontinued since Windows Server 2003.

I tried to make a phone call once with Phone Dialer, just to check the program out... I was just five years old, I was working on my old desktop PC, which was connected to a modem at the time...
Offtopic Comment
...and the call apparently succeeded, as I was later re-called by the same number... :?
Hope I've been useful to you.

Win7
Last edited by Win7 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win7

Re: Windows XP Phone Dialer

Post by Win7 »

And, just not to edit three times in-a-row my previous post, you cannot install Phone Dialer on Windows 7, but still you've got the Win9x-alike phone dialer, which allows you to perform normal calls.

Win7