Longhorn 4074: Timebomb, TweakNT, Drivers

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Y@riK

Longhorn 4074: Timebomb, TweakNT, Drivers

Post by Y@riK »

Hello, everybody!
I was installed Longhorn build 4074 on VMware player 7.0, and it works! But one problem.. Timebomb. I activated Windows, than started TweakNT to remove timebomb, but it not started! I found it in Task Manager, but it not visible. I tryed all!
:(

About drivers... I have downloaded all drivers to start Aero, sound and others, but, when i installing any driver, i give this error:
The provided driver package is not compatible with Longhorn.
It is possible to repair it all?
Maybe, timebomb removes in regedit?

UPD: ERROR SCREENSHOT:
Last edited by Y@riK on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Re: Longhorn 4074: Timebomb, TweakNT, Drivers

Post by yourepicfailure »

Google longhorn activation cracks. Click the longhorn.ms link. Scroll down to 4074. Download the zip file. Navigate to system32 and rename winlogon to winlogon.bak. Copy winlogon.exe to system32. Reboot. That's it!

As for the driver issue, click "Continue Installation" or any continue button.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Y@riK

Post by Y@riK »

Okay, it working. But button "Continue Installation" doesn't exist!

yourepicfailure
Donator

Now that you posted an image, it's clearer now. What drivers are you using? VMWare supplied or...
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"

Courage

Post by Courage »

Click 'Cancel'. The 'pre-release fallback mechanism' will usually work if the drivers are compatible with other builds. (eg. Many drivers in 4088)

yourepicfailure
Donator

Courage wrote:Click 'Cancel'. The 'pre-release fallback mechanism' will usually work if the drivers are compatible with other builds. (eg. Many drivers in 4088)
Oh ya, I forgot. On M7 you have to click 'Cancel' not the standard 'Continue Installation' like on Pre-M7.

Y@riK

Post by Y@riK »

yourepicfailure wrote: What drivers are you using? VMWare supplied or...
Certainly! But after 'Cancel' driver doesn't starting.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Here:
http://thounsell.co.uk/files/VMWare70-Drv.rar
Hounsell's driver pack for VMWare 7. Unrar it and mount the .iso. Drivers it has should work.

This is for VMWare 6.5, however, it's much more compatible with longhorn on VMWare 7.
http://thounsell.co.uk/files/WinXPDrvVMWare65.rar

NOTE: You'll still get the incompatible driver hell, but clicking cancel should install driver.

Y@riK

Post by Y@riK »

yourepicfailure wrote:Here:
Hounsell's driver pack for VMWare 7. Unrar it and mount the .iso. Drivers it has should work.

This is for VMWare 6.5, however, it's much more compatible with longhorn on VMWare 7.

NOTE: You'll still get the incompatible driver hell, but clicking cancel should install driver.
This drivers don't working. Maybe i give error, because i'm using VMware player 7?

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

just do it manually via devmgmt

BetaLH

Post by BetaLH »

Y@riK wrote:
yourepicfailure wrote:Here:

This drivers don't working. Maybe i give error, because i'm using VMware player 7?
VMware 6.5 = VMware Workstation 6.5
VMware 7 = VMware Workstation 7.x
VMware Player 7.0 is based on Workstation 11.0
Spec: Intel Core i7 870(2.93GHz 4C8T), 16GB(1333MHz DDR3), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(GDDR5 1.2GB,732MHz), 1.5TB(WD15EARS x2),120GB(HGST)

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

There is really no point in installing Longhorn on a specific VMware workstation version other than to get DWM to work. It's just about installing the drivers from that version. I'm not sure if the OP even knows when a driver works or not.

yourepicfailure
Donator

I actually once got LH Aero working with VMWare 10 using the VMWare 7 drivers, but it barely worked at times.
9 and 10 are about as high as you'll get with Aero on LH.
Problem is, the VMWare supplied drivers past 8 or 9 are flat out incompatible with longhorn, so don't try those.

Try an older version of player, possibly 4 or 5, if you can find it.

harry4567

Post by harry4567 »

You can find the old version of VMWare Player on VMWare website. According to Wikipedia, version 3(or 3.1) is the one that released with VMWare workstation 7. But the problem is, when I installed it on VM, I updated drivers, placed the aero theme and tried to enable the transparency, it hung. (It also hung when I wrongly install the drivers via right-click method.) I used Windows XP for the configuration, should I use it or not? (Sorry but I'm kinda noob on playing with Longhorn.)
I <3 Metro UI. not anymore

yourepicfailure
Donator

harry4567 wrote:You can find the old version of VMWare Player on VMWare website. According to Wikipedia, version 3(or 3.1) is the one that released with VMWare workstation 7. But the problem is, when I installed it on VM, I updated drivers, placed the aero theme and tried to enable the transparency, it hung. (It also hung when I wrongly install the drivers via right-click method.) I used Windows XP for the configuration, should I use it or not? (Sorry but I'm kinda noob on playing with Longhorn.)
Common case of not enabling 3d acceleration in VM config.

harry4567

Post by harry4567 »

yourepicfailure wrote:
harry4567 wrote:You can find the old version of VMWare Player on VMWare website. According to Wikipedia, version 3(or 3.1) is the one that released with VMWare workstation 7. But the problem is, when I installed it on VM, I updated drivers, placed the aero theme and tried to enable the transparency, it hung. (It also hung when I wrongly install the drivers via right-click method.) I used Windows XP for the configuration, should I use it or not? (Sorry but I'm kinda noob on playing with Longhorn.)
Common case of not enabling 3d acceleration in VM config.
The option is enabled in my VM.
I <3 Metro UI. not anymore

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

driver also must be WHQL accepted by OS

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

I honestly don't recommend vmware player for betas but vmware workstation will work better for betas.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

There is no real difference....
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?