[Offer] Windows ME System Recovery - HP Pavilion XE783

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Ham62

[Offer] Windows ME System Recovery - HP Pavilion XE783

Post by Ham62 »

This is the Windows ME System Recovery for the HP Pavilion XE783.
The main executable on disk 3 reports an installer version of 1.8.1.1 and is reported to have been last modified on 14-12-1999. I wasn't sure if you guys accepted recovery disks like this, or if you were even interested in them but I couldn't find a copy of this mentioned anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd post it here.

If you guys are interested in this I will scan and dump the disks properly and upload them to the FTP, I just didn't do that yet as my scanner is slow and awkward to configure so I didn't want to spend too much time on configuring it if you guys didn't want this. Sorry for the lack on information on these disks though, something on the hardware side of my Pavilion is going so I can't reinstall ME to get any more information off this disk for you at the moment.

If there's anything else you need to know about this recovery I will try my best to get the information you need from it.

Edit: The archive of all 3 disks and scans has now been uploaded to the ftp server.
Last edited by Ham62 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

user99672
Donator

Re: [Offer] Windows ME System Recovery - HP Pavilion XE783

Post by user99672 »

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm most certainly interested, thank you very much for the offer!

protivakid

Post by protivakid »

Did this ever get uploaded to the FTP?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

We don't archive these kinds of OEM-printed discs. All of the old OEM recovery discs were purged from the FTP years ago.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Random_User
Donator

Post by Random_User »

This one is available on archive.org

voxan
Donator

Post by voxan »

Ham62 wrote:
Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:26 am
This is the Windows ME System Recovery for the HP Pavilion XE783.
The main executable on disk 3 reports an installer version of 1.8.1.1 and is reported to have been last modified on 14-12-1999. I wasn't sure if you guys accepted recovery disks like this, or if you were even interested in them but I couldn't find a copy of this mentioned anywhere on the forum so I thought I'd post it here.

If you guys are interested in this I will scan and dump the disks properly and upload them to the FTP, I just didn't do that yet as my scanner is slow and awkward to configure so I didn't want to spend too much time on configuring it if you guys didn't want this. Sorry for the lack on information on these disks though, something on the hardware side of my Pavilion is going so I can't reinstall ME to get any more information off this disk for you at the moment.

If there's anything else you need to know about this recovery I will try my best to get the information you need from it.

Edit: The archive of all 3 disks and scans has now been uploaded to the ftp server.
Can you upload it in archive.org ?
The FTP Didn't store it anymore (for space saving i think ?)
PCArchive.voxhost.fr: pcarchive.voxhost.fr
Try to archive operating and software in french

Random_User
Donator

Post by Random_User »

As I've stated above, it is already available on archive.org.

voxan
Donator

Post by voxan »

Random_User wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 pm
As I've stated above, it is already available on archive.org.
I don't find it for this model ? Have u a link please ?
PCArchive.voxhost.fr: pcarchive.voxhost.fr
Try to archive operating and software in french

Random_User
Donator

Post by Random_User »

I'm not sure if posting the links would be consistent with forum rules, since one of them was cracked to allow installation on any machine; and the other appears to have been taken from the BetaArchive FTP Server (before the prohibition on recovery media), but if you google "archive.org" + "xe783", you'll find them.