[REQUEST] Windows CE 2.0 Desktop Software

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DiskingRound

[REQUEST] Windows CE 2.0 Desktop Software

Post by DiskingRound »

Ashens has or had it and showed it in one of his videos. I don't want to put a link to the video because it contains lots of swearing and stupidity, but he has it. However he isn't sharing it because he, likes most Britians, follows law to the letter and is therefore absolutely convinced that uploading this is going to land him in jail, and an ebay search will give me 0 results :cry: Does anyone have Windows CE 2.0?
Last edited by DiskingRound on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonExagon

Re: [REQUEST] Windows CE 2.0

Post by DragonExagon »

Ashens has it becouse was on a Casio device,so OEM only buddy.

Nashville

Post by Nashville »

We have Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11 on FTP, but it's not this what you want.
My wanted stuff (original media):

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

Nashville wrote:We have Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11 on FTP, but it's not this what you want.
IIRC, there is also Windows CE 2.1 and 2.2 in the (Misc) Support folder on the FTP. I want 2.0, as well as other versions.
Offtopic Comment
I guess not a lot of versions are on the FTP because the OS has fallen into obscurity and a search gives us windows crap edition.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

DiskingRound wrote:he, likes most Britians, follows law to the letter and is therefore absolutely convinced that uploading this is going to land him in jail
U WOT M8?!

Bit of a strange thing to post on what is technically a forum dedicated to piracy founded by a man in England. Also, as an Englishman, piracy is a way of life unless you're firmly upper-middle-class and can therefore afford to buy anything you want anyway. And then, plenty of them still pirate things by the bucketload.
Nashville wrote:We have Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11 on FTP, but it's not this what you want.
This is exactly what he wants, he just doesn't realise it. CE doesn't come as something you can install - that'd be pointless. The whole point of CE is that you can tailor it to your needs for a specific piece of embedded hardware. This is what the platform builder does. Any pre-built images of CE are utterly worthless unless you have the device the images were built for, and are then worthless still because that's not the original CE - someone's prepared it for a specific device.

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

hounsell wrote:
DiskingRound wrote:he, likes most Britians, follows law to the letter and is therefore absolutely convinced that uploading this is going to land him in jail
U WOT M8?!

Bit of a strange thing to post on what is technically a forum dedicated to piracy founded by a man in England. Also, as an Englishman, piracy is a way of life unless you're firmly upper-middle-class and can therefore afford to buy anything you want anyway. And then, plenty of them still pirate things by the bucketload.
This is exactly what he wants, he just doesn't realise it. CE doesn't come as something you can install - that'd be pointless. The whole point of CE is that you can tailor it to your needs for a specific piece of embedded hardware. This is what the platform builder does. Any pre-built images of CE are utterly worthless unless you have the device the images were built for, and are then worthless still because that's not the original CE - someone's prepared it for a specific device.
Didn't you read the title of this topic he wanted windows ce 2.0 not the platform builder.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Didn't you read my post? "Windows CE 2.0" isn't a thing without the Platform Builder...

Go look up how CE works, and come back once you've got the grasp of reading a post you reply to as well.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

Platform builder is exactly what he wants, as it'll let you build Windows CE images. And you can build a 'cepc' which is a regular x86 PC running Windows CE.

The thing is that Platform Builder 2.11 just includes the OS, so I hope you have a killer application. 3.0 at least includes the applettes, and IE.

And CE 2.11 on the cepc just loads up in some ludicrously low resolution.

But back in the day, 1.1 was nothing short of amazing, and 2.0 supported colour which was a nice thing. It was cool to have a computer you could put in your pocket back then. And things like the Casio A-11 had a nice'ish keyboard and a pcmcia slot you could put in a modem, or a network card. Fun times.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

DiskingRound wrote: I don't want to put a link to the video because it contains lots of swearing and stupidity
8-) Nobody cares.
However he isn't sharing it because he, likes most Britians, follows law to the letter
That's a pretty bold claim you got there, buddy. Proof?
and is therefore absolutely convinced that uploading this is going to land him in jail
Did he say that or are you putting words in his mouth?
and an ebay search will give me 0 results :cry: Does anyone have Windows CE 2.0?
Why don't you guys do some reading? You and Archenemy. Not the same version but the concepts should still apply.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa448756.aspx

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

user99672 wrote:
DiskingRound wrote:
However he isn't sharing it because he, likes most Britians, follows law to the letter
That's a pretty bold claim you got there, buddy. Proof?
and is therefore absolutely convinced that uploading this is going to land him in jail
Did he say that or are you putting words in his mouth?
He didn't say it, he is just not thinking about sharing his stuff.
Last edited by DiskingRound on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

Ashens is suddenly a vintage software collector? Fascinating. Last I saw of him, he reviews knock-off and cheap electronics.

So you're putting words in his mouth.

edit: nope...turns out he reviews some first party stuff too.

edit 2: Nice try, removing the part where you called him a software collector.

DiskingRound

Re: [REQUEST] Windows CE 2.0 Desktop Software

Post by DiskingRound »

Ok, so I believe no-one has Desktop Software for Windows CE 2.0 with ActiveSync? I may have to purchase a Casio Cassiopeia A-20 or any other Windows CE 2.0 pocket pc then...
EDIT: Portuguese version listed on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windo ... 1029226369