[REQUEST] AT&T Unix 3.51

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
yourepicfailure
Donator

[REQUEST] AT&T Unix 3.51

Post by yourepicfailure »

I'm looking for this:
This ISN'T what's on the FTP as that's pure unix shell without a gui(that I know of). I knew the name of the gui a week and a half ago. (amazing) All I remember is that this was native on the AT&T PC 7300. The version is the common one 3.51. Don't care if I need special (ancient) hardware to run it. I'll just learn what I can about the hardware and either find/make an emulator for it. Big thanks.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

louisw3

Re: [REQUEST] AT&T Unix 3.51

Post by louisw3 »

It's on bitsavers.

http://www.textfiles.com/bitsavers/bits ... ware_3.51/

this emulator can kind of run it.

http://www.philpem.me.uk/code/3b1emu/

kind of.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

...for an extremely broad definition of "kind of run" ;-)

at least for me it kept crashing and getting stuck all over the place. But I haven't tried it in the last months or so, it might have improved...
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

Darkstar wrote:...for an extremely broad definition of "kind of run" ;-)

at least for me it kept crashing and getting stuck all over the place. But I haven't tried it in the last months or so, it might have improved...
I got it to install, but nothing fun runs.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

andrew_w
Donator

Post by andrew_w »

I managed to fix the bug that caused the C compiler to crash (it was actually a bug I hadn't completely fixed before), as well as the hang on boot. I really need to upload my latest patches. Here's my branch of it. I'll push my latest changes there.

andrew_w
Donator

Post by andrew_w »

I've pushed my changes to the repository I linked in my previous post. It no longer hangs on boot and the C compiler runs now