[eBay] Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit Preliminary Edition

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
DOS

[eBay] Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit Preliminary Edition

Post by DOS »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Visua ... 1388353209 - CD only, "brand new" (looks still sealed?), starting bid $2, no bids, 2 days left.

Wikipedia has a reference to "Microsoft set to prerelease 32-bit Visual C++". InfoWorld. July 19, 1993. p. 12. which says "Developers who have the pre-release [...] can upgrade to the final release [...]" so I guess this is that pre-release. I have no idea how rare it is or how much it's like a "beta" but it doesn't seem to be on the FTP site.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this, I'm not really, just stumbled across it.

louisw3

Re: [eBay] Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit Preliminary Edition

Post by louisw3 »

Oh wow the Beta VC++ CD... I had this ages ago. it was..... not friendly. I wonder if this is the one that "plays nice" with PowerStation Fortran 1.0...? I forget.

I think the linker & runtime had some nasty banner, or maybe that was from some learning edition...
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer