[REQUEST] Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 CD

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
P4R4D0X

[REQUEST] Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 CD

Post by P4R4D0X »

Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 CD

I am looking for this particular CD, an ISO, BIN/CUE or maybe a CloneCD image of it. Tried Google but it didn't found anything. Also checked the FTP, I found IE4, but it's not the disk version, they are standalone ones. The one that I'm looking for has Autorun. Please don't upload self made disk images (like opening an image creator application, dragging the contents of the CD to the project and saving it as an ISO), I need a proper dump of the disk with all the time stamps intact.
I think I mentioned everything, and thanks

Here's a screenshot of the Autorun.

betascollector
Donator

Re: [REQUEST] Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 CD

Post by betascollector »

Why you need it? Windows 98 (not Second Edition) has it.

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

betascollector wrote:Why you need it? Windows 98 (not Second Edition) has it.
I need it because I am building a MS-DOS and Windows 95 Retro PC. I have a retail copy of Windows 95, and back then I had this one too, but unfortunately it's lost. I still have the sleeve for it, but the disk is gone. I mean GONE! Most likely I gave it to one of my friend and I got it back empty. So yeah, the purpose of this old PC would be a Voodoo 1 machine with a Pentium II in it, for some 3dfx compatible games. The reason why I need this is that is has the Windows 95 Desktop Update that it's in it. And yes I know that I can download the ones on the FTP, but those doesn't include the extras.
So yeah, I'd appreciate it if someone could upload it for me.

JakubkoPC

Post by JakubkoPC »

why need of original? you can install from standalone also
Changed my lifestyle to more healthy.
Want to contact me? Click the PM button.
Using Chromium.

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

JakubkoPC wrote:why need of original? you can install from standalone also
Because that's what I need. Is that too much what I ask for? I'm pretty sure that somebody has this piece of software. It's not against the rules to ask I guess, it's abandonware. This is not an obscure stuff, and not that rare, there are much rarer request here too. So yeah, if someone has it, could please upload it? I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

We understand your needs, but it's really pointless to request something you already have...

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

DeFacto wrote:We understand your needs, but it's really pointless to request something you already have...
Maybe looks pointless for you, but not for me. I like to have some clean stuff, not like some file like IE40.exe. This is the number one priority now to get, besides Office XP with FrontPage + Publisher, Visio and Project from MSDN. But most likely I can get those from a friend, so that one is easy. I'm a collector, and that's why I need it. If I still had the disk I wouldn't have asked for it. As a collector I like to keep my stuff in several different versions, a copy from the retail media, and for instance on a compilation CD along with other applications.
So yeah. I dumped a lot of disks in the past to keep a copy of the retail media, and got a lot of MSDN downloads aready.

jwa4

Post by jwa4 »

Closest I have is this:

ISO is 242MB and contains IE4 for i386 and Alpha.

Let me know if its close enough and if you have somewhere I can upload it.

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

That's good enough for me. Thanks for the reply johnaddisonuk. I don't think the FTP need this one, they have every single version of IE4 so maybe you can upload it to MediaFire or Dropbox. MegaUpload is also fine too. It's your choice where you upload it. Just take your time, if you are too busy right now I can understand you and I will wait.
Thank you very much for your helping me out!

jwa4

Post by jwa4 »

YGPM

I can also uploaded to BA if anyone wants it.

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

johnaddisonuk wrote:YGPM

I can also uploaded to BA if anyone wants it.
That sounds great, I for one like having the original ISO's, they have alot of extras that are impossible to find elsewhere.
Laptop: Precision M6300 2.4GHz Core 2 T8300 / 4GB RAM / 320GB HD / ATI Quadro FX 3600m
Server: PowerEdge 1950 (Gen III) (x1) 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 / 24GB FB-DDR2 / 1.5tb 7.2k SAS RAID 0
Desktop: Precision T5500 2.66GHz Xeon X5650 / 24GB DDR3 ECC / 2x 300GB Seagate 15k7

nathaniel87
Donator

Post by nathaniel87 »

Looks like johnaddisonuk has version 4.01... I have a slightly older one: version 4.0:

I can also happily supply an ISO of this disc if anyone wants. Let me know!

This image is 214MB, and the root of the disc contains the files AUTORUN.INF, DISK1, IE4SITES.DAT, SETUP.EXE, and SPCDROM.40, as well as directories labeled EN and MENU.

EDIT: And.. setting the "compatibility mode" to NT 4.0 SP5 changes the autorun to look like this:

trustBA
Donator

Post by trustBA »

nathaniel87 wrote:Looks like johnaddisonuk has version 4.01... I have a slightly older one: version 4.0:

I can also happily supply an ISO of this disc if anyone wants. Let me know!

This image is 214MB, and the root of the disc contains the files AUTORUN.INF, DISK1, IE4SITES.DAT, SETUP.EXE, and SPCDROM.40, as well as directories labeled EN and MENU.

EDIT: And.. setting the "compatibility mode" to NT 4.0 SP5 changes the autorun to look like this:
Awesome, you can upload it to MediaFire or BetaArchive FTP (you have 10 posts, so go to the usergroups for access).
Online periodically.
---
M$ Software Labels | OS Tester | Software Geek | Creative Agent!

Last edited by trustBA on Mon, 3rd Nov, 2013 6:99 am, edited 100 times in total.

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

nathaniel87 that's awesome. I got a PM from johnaddisonuk with the download link for the 4.01 version, if somebody needs it just PM him and I'm pretty sure that he will give you the link. I will not give out his link, because I guess he uploaded it on his own site, and I didn't want to waste his bandwidth.

Also I'd love to see your stuff uploaded as well nathaniel87 if it is possible. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who need this.

jwa4

Post by jwa4 »

I've responded to requests via PM, i'm also uploaded the file to the BA ftp as we speak.

nathaniel87
Donator

Post by nathaniel87 »

trustBA wrote:Awesome, you can upload it to MediaFire or BetaArchive FTP (you have 10 posts, so go to the usergroups for access).
Cool, I just PM'ed a download link for this to P4R4D0X, and if anyone else would like the MSIE 4.00 CD image, just PM me and I will send you a download link as well.

I requested "Advanced Member" access this past week; hopefully I get it soon! Until then, I'm going to use my own private server & just individually PM links to people.

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

I have the 4.01 ISO with SP2 if anybody wants it. Nathaniel87, if your ftp/server has an upload account, I can send it there.
Laptop: Precision M6300 2.4GHz Core 2 T8300 / 4GB RAM / 320GB HD / ATI Quadro FX 3600m
Server: PowerEdge 1950 (Gen III) (x1) 2.5Ghz Xeon E5420 / 24GB FB-DDR2 / 1.5tb 7.2k SAS RAID 0
Desktop: Precision T5500 2.66GHz Xeon X5650 / 24GB DDR3 ECC / 2x 300GB Seagate 15k7

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Post by QuiescentWonder »

I uploaded this to BA two years ago and it wasn't accepted...

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

QuiescentWonder wrote:I uploaded this to BA two years ago and it wasn't accepted...
Unfortunate it is, that's why we're not using the BA server. I'm sure it has something to do with space constraints, which I can respect.

P4R4D0X

Post by P4R4D0X »

4tified wrote:I have the 4.01 ISO with SP2 if anybody wants it. Nathaniel87, if your ftp/server has an upload account, I can send it there.
Amazing how these different versions pop up. I'd be happy to see this one uploaded too. With the SP2 I think we will have all IE4 versions in our hands, and that's a complete collection.
Also thanks nathaniel87 for the help.

nathaniel87
Donator

Post by nathaniel87 »

I now have all the versions of Internet Explorer ISO images that have been gathered in this thread, and I am hosting all of them on my server:

Internet Explorer 4.00
Internet Explorer 4.01 (SP1)
Internet Explorer 4.01 (SP2)
Internet Explorer 6.0

Anyone who PM's me can get links to all four. Thanks for everyone's help in gathering these! :-)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

4tified wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:I uploaded this to BA two years ago and it wasn't accepted...
Unfortunate it is, that's why we're not using the BA server. I'm sure it has something to do with space constraints, which I can respect.
Actually no. Most likely it's because the upload was corrupted, or just misnamed. You wouldn't believe how many files I get uploaded named "ie.iso" or "sldkfj.iso" or whatever. I don't have the time to dig through build numbers and to actually figure out even WHAT was uploaded. And when that happens I put it on my backup drive and sort out more properly named uploads first, then I go back to the old uploads whenever I get the time.

Also, a lot of uploads are of custom ISOs, which means I need to check the ISOs if there are any cracks, patches etc. Also a problem when the uploader doesn't provide any information about the release. Again, a great time theft to go through those.

I'd be happy to check those ISOs again if they are uploaded with proper names, and provided with build numbers to even simplify the naming of the releases.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP