Windows 8 setup screenshot

New news and release discussion.
Derf
Donator

Windows 8 setup screenshot

Post by Derf »

Zukona's at it again.
A leaked screenshot of an upgrade edition of Windows 8 may hint at a forthcoming leak.

Notorious company insider Zukona unveiled screenshots of an upgrade copy of Windows 8 on Thursday. Although the screenshots only cover the setup process of Windows 8, they do confirm that copies of Microsoft’s next-generation Windows operating system have leaked to company outsiders. It’s not yet clear whether Ivan Zukonov (Zukona) plans to leak the copy of Windows 8 in his possession. Zukona has previously posted accurate screenshots of Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 and other Microsoft products.

One interesting part of the screenshot is that Microsoft is listing the copyright date of Windows 8 as the year 2012. Some believe the software giant will release Windows 8 in 2013, I disagree however. Microsoft demonstrated build 6.2.7867.0.winmain_win8m1.101020-1800 at CES. The build was compiled in October 2010 and represents Microsoft’s early milestone 1 work. The software giant is currently midway through its milestone 2 cycle and the latest known build is 6.2.7917.0.winmain_win8m2.110125-1757. Microsoft is expected to announce a public beta of Windows 8 later this year.
http://www.winrumors.com/windows-8-setu ... ming-leak/
Due to the rules about using the img tags unless you use the uploader, and my laziness, click the link to see the screenshot.

Panda X
Donator

Re: Windows 8 setup screenshot

Post by Panda X »

I fail to see why that rule exists.

I like the cleanness of this setup. Simple and to the point. Hopefully all of 8 will as well.

Cats869
Donator

Post by Cats869 »

I think someone gave us the screenshots already on this thread by linuxlove.
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... 8&start=75

If you go to the 4th page, which you are already on and the 5th post from the bottom, you will see the pictures I think, as of right now with 93 posts in that thread.
My YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/xComputerWizardx
Visit my CSS clan here by going to www.tmuservers.net! We have CS:S, TF2, and Minecraft servers!

pizzaboy192

Post by pizzaboy192 »

I hate to burst yeh'r bubble... But those two images can be mocked up within 10 minutes using Visual Basic.
I did a quick and dirty one in Visual C++ and it looked somewhat convincing for a few minutes of messing.
Plus, all you need is the name of some trusted person and 3 second in paint to slap their name on it...

Rioter
Donator

Post by Rioter »

pizzaboy192 wrote:I hate to burst yeh'r bubble... But those two images can be mocked up within 10 minutes using Visual Basic.
I did a quick and dirty one in Visual C++ and it looked somewhat convincing for a few minutes of messing.
Plus, all you need is the name of some trusted person and 3 second in paint to slap their name on it...
^ this.

I remain to be convinced. A setup screenshot is nothing.
Offtopic Comment
Panda X wrote:I fail to see why that rule exists.
It exists since Andy does not like external image uploaders/sites/anything external since they can go offline and break the image.

PortalCake
Donator

Post by PortalCake »

Ugh, 2 minutes in VS and it can be faked quite easily.

Also, DAT WHITE SPACE. What is with all that white space, with all the text in one place? MS isnt even trying to justify that one, unlike Aero - "making the UI feel less cluttered".
Program run condition: collect keys. Deadline: 2 days.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Obviously you've never heard of preservation? The rule exists because external links can disappear at any time. By having a copy here, it is preserved in case anyone wants to look back on the image in years to come. Simple.

Cats869
Donator

Post by Cats869 »

Andy wrote:
Obviously you've never heard of preservation? The rule exists because external links can disappear at any time. By having a copy here, it is preserved in case anyone wants to look back on the image in years to come. Simple.
Assuming that the BA website/server is still alive in the future :P
My YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/xComputerWizardx
Visit my CSS clan here by going to www.tmuservers.net! We have CS:S, TF2, and Minecraft servers!

hb860
Donator

Post by hb860 »

I want same rule for my project but i can't implement it because i still at virtual hosting and have only 3Gb. That sucks
:(

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Why wouldn't it be? ;) 4 1/2 years and counting...

hb860, BA's images take up 6GB over the last 3 1/2 years since it was instated. :) If only you use it, that should be more than enough.

FoobyZeeky
Donator

Post by FoobyZeeky »

Sorry but that looks totally fake to me. And also, copyright 2012? I doubt that Microsoft would put that there. We've only just begun 2011.
sup

Panda X
Donator

Post by Panda X »

Andy wrote:
Well that's certainly a nice feature to have, but I don't think people should have the image removed and a warning level increase for choosing otherwise.

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Looks fake. Anyone could modify this in paint...

hb860
Donator

Post by hb860 »

I agree, but Zukona never posts fakes
:(

jeroen199430

Post by jeroen199430 »

i want to upgrade so i maybe get a working wifi :wink:

linuxlove
Donator

Post by linuxlove »

Hey guys, look at what I downloaded the other day:

It's FAKE. I don't really have Windows 8. Just a mockup in VB.NET 2010. I'm also believing pizzaboy192, Rioter, PortalCake, FoobyZeeky and DeFacto that the Zukona screenshots are also fake.
Goodbye.

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

I don't know, I'm pretty certain at this point that it's real. One of the more convincing things here is the quality of sites that have reported this. Sites that usually get it right posted it. Of course I also agree that this is pretty easy to fake, but my gut is telling me this is the real deal.

ThePro

Post by ThePro »

Also, one thing, copyright years change with the builds, so if there's a beta, it'll have the copyright of the year the BETA was released, not the year where they expect to release the final build.
Image < HAI.

Suumpmolk
Donator

Post by Suumpmolk »

instead debating of is it real or fake, rather demand canouna or whatever his name is...
to fullfill his promise of leaking it already

guy made such a hype over whole 2 months over this M1 and now BA got Jack [censored] of it
maybe it was leaves...

RIP Josh Exley

canouna

Post by canouna »

A fake... lol

kpo6969
Donator

Post by kpo6969 »

deleted.
Last edited by kpo6969 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Suumpmolk
Donator

Post by Suumpmolk »

kpo6969 wrote: I know this is off-topic, but may be of some relvelence to the question.
I don't see any :P
My argument is teasers should fullfill their "promise" or stop posting teasing posts and giving hollow promises
maybe it was leaves...

RIP Josh Exley

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

My argument is that if we insist that of them, instead of getting all of what we want we'll get nothing of what we want, including any screenshots or information we may have otherwise gotten.

Suumpmolk
Donator

Post by Suumpmolk »

it wouldn't come to it if false promises weren't given in 1st place
maybe it was leaves...

RIP Josh Exley

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

But screenshots or information that were perhaps legitimate would possibly come out. If you're saying to them "don't tease us with this until you leak", you're stopping these.