Duke Nukem Forever

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
T02my

Duke Nukem Forever

Post by T02my »

Hi there. Maybe you heared about Beta/Demo DNF - http://www.dukenukem.com/access
What is here? hm... Maybe somebody have a unique key from Borederlands GOTY for see that?

lucas93

Re: Duke Nukem Forever

Post by lucas93 »

Nothing yet, you enter the code and it will keep you updated on any announcements.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

I was going to buy in, but truth be told, I HATE borderlands..... it's such a tedious game. It really reeks of "South Park" on the N64.

But then I'm dating myself.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

robotman5

Post by robotman5 »

T02my wrote:Hi there. Maybe you heared about Beta/Demo DNF - http://www.dukenukem.com/access
What is here? hm... Maybe somebody have a unique key from Borederlands GOTY for see that?

im part of the first access club and all that is there right now is wallpapers. but there is a section for demo codes (none yet tho).

T02my

Post by T02my »

I hope soon will be release demo-version or beta :)

Gmod1001
Donator

Post by Gmod1001 »

This is exciting, finally the game we have all been waiting more then 10 years for is finally becoming a reality! Sure its not the same developers, but Gearbox is a great company and I think what we get when this finally comes out will be a very good, if not amazing game. Lets just hope it lives up to the hype, I mean, the game better be good or else there is going to be a few suicides over at the Duke fan forums.

kamilkriss

Post by kamilkriss »

Would be nice from Gearbox's side to release old builds 3D Realms created years ago. Weird nobody of former 3D Realms employees leaked anything playable.

Ziron
Donator

Post by Ziron »

kamilkriss wrote:Would be nice from Gearbox's side to release old builds 3D Realms created years ago. Weird nobody of former 3D Realms employees leaked anything playable.
I think the only real playable protos from DNF's development are the 1998 build and the version that 3DR was working on before they closed up. The 2001 "build" is actually one gigantic mockup; none of the stuff in it was playable.

Even among the versions I listed, the only one that would be interesting would be the 1998 version, as the one 3DR worked on would just be a rougher version of what is going to be the retail build.

1PlayerD

Post by 1PlayerD »

Gmod1001 wrote:This is exciting, finally the game we have all been waiting more then 10 years for is finally becoming a reality! Sure its not the same developers, but Gearbox is a great company and I think what we get when this finally comes out will be a very good, if not amazing game. Lets just hope it lives up to the hype, I mean, the game better be good or else there is going to be a few suicides over at the Duke fan forums.
If GearBox did good with Opposing Force, they will do the same or even better with DNF!

Gmod1001
Donator

Post by Gmod1001 »

Yay, Duke Nukem Forever - May 3rd, finally a release date for this game we can really hope for.

I think all the people who pre ordered it years ago should get it free ):<<

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/01/21/ ... ng_may_3rd

kamilkriss

Post by kamilkriss »

Trailer keeps "the soul" of Duke Nukem, especially with "after 12 f**king years it should be". Hope everything will be going cool up to release. :)

Gamecheat

Post by Gamecheat »

hopfully when its finshed they port it to the 360

Ziron
Donator

Post by Ziron »

Gamecheat wrote:hopfully when its finshed they port it to the 360
Uh, there'll be an X360 port along with a PS3 one when the game is released.

Gmod1001
Donator

Post by Gmod1001 »

Ziron wrote:
Gamecheat wrote:hopfully when its finshed they port it to the 360
Uh, there'll be an X360 port along with a PS3 one when the game is released.
Yay another FPS game is going to be butchered with a console release, oh swell...

Someone

Post by Someone »

The game now comes out in June. It had to come out in May. Another delay XD.

congregate

Post by congregate »

Borderlands is a great game i've yet to hear much about Duke Nukem though i hope it lives up to the hype from what i have heard.

matthiasbreda

Post by matthiasbreda »

I'm hoping this game a long time, I have great expectations, I still remember the Duke Nukem 3D on my 486, old times.

MaSSaSLaYeR

Post by MaSSaSLaYeR »

I saw beta on other forum, same like this don't work :(

Mad Echidna

Post by Mad Echidna »

I'm glad to see a new blockbuster Duke title, but at the same time I think they squandered their chances at really reshaping the genre years ago. I remember seeing stuff in magazines in 1999 that were just revolutionary. I remember the early DNF builds being based on the Half Life engine, and they had figured out how to do nearly infinite detail. You could zoom in on an NPC's face and see individual eyelashes, the engine would dynamically upscale or downscale the polycount depending on your view distance.If they had kept at it and released it by 2001 it would have been as big a deal from a technical standpoint as Duke Nukem 3D.

Now all we have left is the shock value.

InsaneNutter

Post by InsaneNutter »

Was there not supposed to be some beta / demo of this you could get in the future by purchasing Borederlands GOTY?

Apparently the game is out on June 10th according to Game UK - http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Sh ... e+content)

Thought we might have seen something more of this by now!

Mystery
Donator

Post by Mystery »

Good thing I got the first access club code as a gift from a friend. So far it's been a huge waste, nothing interesting, just a bunch of wallpapers and newsletters every couple of weeks.

I was really hoping to get my hands on the demo a couple of weeks or months prior to release. Well, now that the game has been dalayed until June, they still have time to deliver the demo a few weeks before the retail version ships.
::42::

ssbmmaster
Donator

Post by ssbmmaster »

I got borderlands GOTY on OnLive, I wonder if I will get code.

lucas93

Post by lucas93 »

I'm hoping the demo will start on the 3rd of May, when it was actually meant to be released :P

ssbmmaster
Donator

Post by ssbmmaster »

It is Duke Nukem, the demo will probably be released in 10 years or so.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

ssbmmaster wrote:It is Duke Nukem, the demo will probably be released in 10 years or so.
Only 10 years?

More like never
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer