Main Page, Index section
Shouldn't Index be an seperate page? Otherwise when the index is done, the main page is not an simple overview, or a nice compact welcome page. - Rob Jansen 16:46, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, i think the index on the main page should be just the main categories listed (Operating systems, Applications, Games, Corporations, etc.). - Fzajac 16:54, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- That was what I was trying to say, but couldn't think of the words. Just main categories listed on home page, with a more button if needed. I've cleaned it all up so it looks nicer (no  things everywhere and anywhere, but if someone can make the Index bar go full width, that would be nice. --Rioter 19:36, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- It seems that the top index bar is in the same section as the Microsoft one. I tryed, but failed, the bottom section and the index box need to be seperate, then it should work. --- Rob Jansen 20:08, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I did it. colspan="4" was enough. After all don't forget it's just a table... :) - Fzajac 21:53, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I knew it was something stupid like that :P --Rioter 22:48, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- If you can get the stats next door to the welcome bit on the same line then that would work nicely. Categories are much better. +1 from me --Rioter 10:36, 20 March 2010 (GMT)
- OK, i've updated the index. I still need to work out how to get the statistics right so i didn't update anything else yet :)
- Anybody could suggest any more popular applications with more betas?
Also, how can i link to a category? Each time i try, i just add the article to category instead of just linking...nvm i got it ^^ -Fzajac 13:36, 20 March 2010 (GMT)
Comments on this ( Just the colors) ? > http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Windows:95:224 --Dans34 16:59, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I've just left the comment in your discussion page about it - Fzajac 17:02, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
And also, maybe we need to stick to the shorter versions:
Windows:Longhorn:6.0.3683.0, instead of Windows:Longhorn:3663.lab06_N.020728-1728
The longer the title, the more there can go wrong and more needs to be redirected, so that the BA wiki is more of a redirection wiki then an wiki. And the buildtag is only for XP and higher, below that, it are only numbers. Also, the complete buildtag for the one described above is: Windows:Longhorn:6.0.3663.lab06_N.020728-1728
Please, discuss this and not only comment with, No were are doing it that way, because while it does make sense, the titles are too long. Rob Jansen 18:10, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see any need for the "6.0" part of the build. It's the kernel version that is the same for all Longhorns - when an article starts with "Windows:Longhorn" it's like it already says NT 6.0, doesn't it? Still, i think that using the lab, date and time in the title is important, as there are many different builds with the same build number and sometimes even the same lab. Using only the build number in the title will require often another page, directing to the specific builds or writing about few builds on the same page (ex. AFAIR there are 5 or 6 Longhorn 4050 builds, imagine 6 articles on 1 page, or even worse - mixing all of them in one section). And about redirections - they are made by defualt when moving articles. They need deletion. - Fzajac 18:21, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- That does not goes for Windows XP, the early compilations are Pre-Beta builds they were 5.00 kernel, in the Technical Beta and the rest of its life, it is kernel 5.1 --- Rob Jansen 18:49, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Oops, you're right. Sorry, my mistake. However, i will wait for sysops rights before moving any more articles because i don't want to create more mess now :-) - Fzajac 19:07, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
Upload Link ?
Whats with the upload file link in the menu bar ? --Dans34 12:51, 20 March 2010 (GMT)
- Fixed --Rioter 18:56, 22 March 2010 (GMT)
Hello, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace the colons with backslashes? MediaWiki then threats the page as a subpage and displays a navigation bar on the top of the page, that would make the navigation much better. --AlphaBeta (talk) 17:22, 18 May 2013 (GMT)
this is a good idea but its an option that would need to be enabled for it to work http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subpages and considering that the current sysops dont even visit anymore its not lickly to be enabled --Dans34Talk 00:58, 1 August 2014 (BST)
Unprotect Main Page
- You have to contact the admin since anyone could put porn images on the front page. Or get rid of everything and yes I know you can reverse pages but what if it happens every minute. Not a single admin would want to do that. --Nedvire (talk) 22:52, 15 August 2015 (BST)
Gabe's recent edits
It looks like you copied and pasted betawiki.
I have removed the text in the featured article section. All that was done was it was built upon pieces of BetaWiki's code. Otherwise, there aren't many visual similarities because I've changed many many aspects of the page.