Microsoft KB Archive/944368
Article ID: 944368
Article Last Modified on 11/5/2007
- Windows Live Calendar
When you try to turn off sharing for a calendar in Windows Live Calendar, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
This problem may occur if all the following conditions are true:
- You gave an invitee permissions other than "View Events" to your shared calendar.
- You published the shared calendar.
To resolve this problem, turn off publishing for the calendar, turn off sharing for the calendar, and then republish the calendar. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows Live Calendar, click Share, and then click the calendar where you want to turn off publishing.
- Clear the Make your calendar public check box, and then click Save.
- In Windows Live Calendar, click Share, and then click the calendar where you want to turn off sharing.
- Clear the Share this calendar check box, and then click Save.
- On the toolbar in Windows Live Calendar, click Share, and then click the calendar that you want to publish.
- Under Sharing settings for
Calendar nameclick Share this calendar. In this example,
Calendar nameis the name of the calendar that you want to publish.
- Select the Make your calendar public check box.
- In the Permission box, click one of the following access levels:
- View events - Users can view event details in your shared calendar.
- Only show free/busy times - Users can only see your free/busy status in the shared calendar.
- In the Time zone box, click the time zone for the calendar.
- Click the link type that you want, note the URL for the published calendar, click OK, and then click Save. You can select one of the following link types for the calendar:
- HTML - Users can view your calendar in any Web browser.
- XML - Users can view your calendar by using a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) or Atom feed reader.
Note - An RSS feed reader or Atom feed reader is also known as an aggregator.
- ICS - Users can import your calendar information into most calendar programs.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb kbwinliveportal KB944368