Microsoft KB Archive/942258
Article ID: 942258
Article Last Modified on 9/14/2007
- Microsoft Xbox
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
This article describes how to troubleshoot issues that you may experience when you use the Xbox 360 Chatpad.
The Xbox 360 Chatpad is for use exclusively with Xbox 360 wired or wireless controllers and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.
Note Only controllers that have the Created by Xbox logo are compatible with Chatpad. Only products that are manufactured by Microsoft bear this logo.
[GRAPHIC: Made by Xbox logo]
If you experience difficulty when you try to use the Chatpad, use the following information to troubleshoot the issue:
- Keypad uses incorrect language set
The Chatpad keypad is preconfigured for a specific set of language characters. To determine which language is set for your Chatpad, view the sticker on the underside of the device.
- Keypad does not work
Make sure that the Chatpad is connected securely to the controller.
- Voice chat does not work
- Make sure that your headset connector is plugged in securely and that Chatpad is connected securely to the controller.
- Check the mute button on the headset control to make sure that the microphone is turned on.
- Make sure that the mute function in the Xbox 360 console is not turned on.
- Confirm that you are signed in to Xbox LIVE. Additionally, confirm that family settings or privacy settings are not preventing voice communication.
Obtain more help
For more information and for support options for your Xbox 360 Chatpad, visit the following Web site:
Do not take your Xbox 360 console or any accessories to your retailer for repair or for service unless an Xbox Customer Support representative instructs you to.
Receive agent support
If the steps in the previous section do not resolve the issue, contact Xbox Customer Support to speak to an agent about replacing the Chatpad. For contact information in your area, visit the following Web site:
Do not try repairs yourself
Important Do not try to take apart, service, or modify the Xbox 360 console, power supply, or its accessories in any way. If you do this, it could present the risk of serious injury or death from electric shock or fire, and it will void your warranty.
Keywords: kbgraphxlink kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360ext kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxboxperipherals kbpubtypekc kbinfo KB942258