Microsoft KB Archive/93178
Cannot Print Wider Than 8.5 Inches on Panasonic KX-P1624
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows versions 3.0, 3.0a, 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.1a, 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 3.0, 4.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows, version 3.0
The Panasonic KX-P1624 printer may truncate printing at 8.5 inches when you print to paper sizes wider than 8.5 inches, such as Ledger (11 X 17) or U.S. Fanfold, using the PANASON24.DRV or the EPSON24.DRV printer drivers with Microsoft Windows.
This happens because, by default, the Panasonic KX-P1624 is set to 8.5-inch wide paper.
To override this default, change the settings on the front panel of the printer as follows:
- Turn the printer on while holding down the Function button.
- Press the Row button repeatedly until the first and second row indicator lights are blinking and the third indicator light is off.
- Press the Column button repeatedly until only the first column indicator light is lit.
- Press the Set button. The first column indicator light should now be blinking.
- Press the Function button again to return to normal printing mode.
When you print an 8.5-inch page from a Windows-based application or an application that uses a printer driver, you can leave the printer in the above configuration because the application handles the margins. However, if you print directly from the MS-DOS command prompt or from a text-based program that does not use a printer driver, you must change the printer back to the default settings to avoid printing off the right edge of the paper.
"Panasonic KX-P1624 Operator's Manual," "Initial Setup Mode" section
Additional query words: 1.00 1.10 1.10a 2.00 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 3.00 4.00 3.10 w4wprint kxp1624 kxp 1624 format page setup source 3.11 macppt winppt
Version : WINDOWS:1.0,1.1,1.1a,2.0,2.0a,2.0a-CD,2.0b,2.0c,3.0,3.0a,3.1,3.11,4.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: December 3, 1999