Microsoft KB Archive/929578
Article ID: 929578
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or in Microsoft Office Excel 2003, you open more than one window.
- You are using the Simplified Chinese Wu Bi 86/98 Input Method Editor (IME).
- You view a spreadsheet in one Excel window, and then you click the taskbar button that corresponds to a second Excel window.
In this scenario, you cannot use the pointer to select a cell in the spreadsheet in the second window.
This problem occurs when you use the Simplified Chinese Wu Bi 86/98 IME.
To work around this problem, switch from Excel to another program, such as Microsoft Office Word or Notepad. Then, switch to the second Excel window. The pointer functions as expected, and you can select cells.
Additional query words: XL2007 Excel2007 XL2003 Excel2003
Keywords: kbtshoot kbnofix kbprb KB929578