Microsoft KB Archive/928517
Article ID: 928517
Article Last Modified on 2/9/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
In Microsoft Windows Server 2003, when you use the Backup utility (NTBackup.exe) to back up files to a removable drive, you may receive the following error message, and the backup job fails:
For example, this problem may occur when you use Backup to back up files to a USB drive or to a Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) drive.
This problem may occur if you send two or more backup jobs to the removable drive at the same time.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Configure the backup jobs to run after all other jobs have been completed.
- Use a different backup device, such as a tape backup device.
- Use a third-party backup software program to back up files to the removable drive.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbqfe kbnofix kbbug kberrmsg kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB928517