Microsoft KB Archive/928309
Article ID: 928309
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
When you connect a folder from a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 document library to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the contents of that folder are synchronized with Outlook 2007 as expected. However, if you rename the folder in the document library, you experience the following symptoms:
- The renamed folder appears in Outlook 2007 together with the original folder.
- None of the renamed folder's content is synchronized with Outlook 2007.
To work around this issue, remove the Windows SharePoint Services document library from Outlook 2007, and then reconnect the document library. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Outlook 2007, expand SharePoint Lists, and then click
DocumentLibrary. For example, click Team Site - Shared Documents.
- On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes when you are prompted to remove the folder together with the folder content.
- Connect to the Windows SharePoint Services site, and then click the renamed folder in the appropriate document library.
- On the Actions menu, click Connect to Outlook, and then click Yes when you are prompted to connect the SharePoint document library to Outlook 2007.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- In Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, create a new folder in the Shared Documents document library.
- Use Microsoft Office Word 2007 to create some new documents, and then upload those documents to the folder in the Windows SharePoint Services document library.
- Click the folder, and then click Connect to Outlook on the Actions menu.
- When you are prompted to connect the SharePoint document library to Outlook, click Yes.
- In Outlook 2007, expand SharePoint Lists, expand Team Site - Shared Documents, and then click the folder that you connected to Outlook. Notice that the new files appear in Outlook 2007.
- In Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, rename the folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the arrow that appears next to the folder name, and then click Edit Properties.
- In the Name box, type a new name for the folder, and then click OK.
- Use Word 2007 to create a new document, and then upload the document to the renamed folder in the Windows SharePoint Services document library.
- In Outlook 2007, point to Send/Receive on the Tools menu, and then click Send/Receive All to synchronize the folder.
Notice that the renamed folder appears in Outlook 2007 together with the original folder. However, the renamed folder does not contain any files.
Additional query words: OL2007 Outlook2007 WSSv3 WSS WSS3
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB928309