Microsoft KB Archive/928304
Article ID: 928304
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
When you try to select a new index server on the Edit Shared Services Provider page in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, the selection is unavailable. Additionally, the new index server does not appear in the Index Server list. This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The computer that is running the SharePoint Server 2007 Search Indexing service in a farm environment stops responding.
- You configure the Search Indexing service on another computer that is running SharePoint Server 2007.
To resolve this issue, restore the Shared Services Provider, and then select the index server that you want. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- On the Central Administration page, click Shared Services Administration.
- On the Manage this Farm's Shared Services page, click Restore SSP.
- On the Restore Shared Services Provider page, click the list next to Index Server, select the index server that you want, and then click OK.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB928304