Microsoft KB Archive/927759
Article ID: 927759
Article Last Modified on 7/2/2007
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Server 2003
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
Consider the following scenario:
- You install the Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit 7 (IEAK 7) on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- When you install IEAK 7, you specify an organization name that is longer than 15 characters on the Windows Internet Explorer 7 setup page.
- You run the IEAK 7 customization wizard to create an Internet Explorer 7 package.
In this scenario, in the installation title bar, the words "UNKNOWN PUBLISHER" appear instead of the organization name that you specified when you install the Internet Explorer 7 package.
This problem occurs because the Internet Explorer 7 setup page limits the organization name to 15 characters.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To work around this problem, rename the organization by using a name of 15 characters or fewer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, double-click
Organization Name, type an organization name in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Additional query words: ie7 ie 7
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB927759