Microsoft KB Archive/927649
Article ID: 927649
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2006
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
You upgrade Groove Virtual Office 3.x to one of the Microsoft Office Groove 2007 beta versions. Then, you upgrade to the release version. After you do this, you may receive the following error message when you start Groove 2007:
This issue occurs because Groove migrated only part of your account. This issue occurs with the beta versions in some cases. Although the account continues to function, it can no longer be upgraded.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To run Groove 2007, you must delete the partially migrated account from the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
Note These steps will delete all local account data. If you are running the same account on another computer, you may be able to restore the account from that computer after you remove the local copy. If you cannot restore the account from that computer, you must create a new account and identity. Then, you must request new invitations to any workspace that your old account was member of.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Delete the following registry subkeys if they exist:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Groove Networks, Inc.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Groove Networks, Inc.
- Delete the Groove account data folder. If you installed Groove to the default locations, the account data folder is in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\
username\LocalSettings\Application Data\Groove Networks
- Delete the Groove system data folder. If you installed Groove to the default locations in Windows XP, the Groove system data folder is in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Groove Networks
If you installed Groove to the default locations in earlier versions of Windows, the Groove system data folder is in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Groove Networks\Groove\Data\System
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, change to the 2007 Microsoft Office directory. For example, if you installed the 2007 Office suite to the default location, type the following at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- At the command prompt, type GrooveClean.exe –all, and then press ENTER.
- Start Groove 2007.
Additional query words: Groove 2007
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB927649