Microsoft KB Archive/927647
Article ID: 927647
Article Last Modified on 5/9/2007
- Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
Consider the following scenario. You start Microsoft Office Groove 2007 for the first time, and then you try to create a new account by using a configuration code. After you enter the configuration code, you click Yes when you are prompted to allow computer management.
You then receive two messages. The first message tells you to wait while strong keys are generated. The second message tells you to wait while the audit log is created.
In this scenario, Groove stops responding. Both messages remain indefinitely.
This issue occurs because the domain administrator enabled auditing for your Groove account, but Groove cannot create the audit log file. This is because the computer is not a managed device in the Groove domain. Therefore, Groove cannot supply the domain management certificate to the audit service.
To resolve this issue, the Groove domain administrator must add the Groove domain management registry subkey to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive.
To do this, follow these steps:
- From the affected client, log on to Groove Management Server.
- Select a device policy template, and then click Download Device Management Key.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Run.
- In the Registry Editor dialog box, click Yes.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB927647