Microsoft KB Archive/927462
Article ID: 927462
Article Last Modified on 12/1/2006
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Consider the following scenario:
- A mailbox store is constantly reaching the 16-gigabyte (GB) limit in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition.
- You upgrade from Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Enterprise Edition because you want to be able to view multiple mailbox stores.
- After you upgrade to Exchange 2000 Server Enterprise Edition, the private information store (Priv.edb) and the public information store (Pub.edb) mount successfully and function correctly.
- You apply the following security updates:
894549 MS05-021: Vulnerability in Exchange Server 2003 and in Exchange 2000 Server can allow remote code execution
916803 MS06-019: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server could allow remote
In this scenario, after you apply these security updates, and then restart the server, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service does not start. Additionally, the following event is logged in the Application log:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Time: 5:39:52 PM
Description: Application popup: store.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point FSetCallTracingCallbacks could not be located in the dynamic link library EXOSAL.DLL.
If you reapply the security updates, the issue is not resolved.
This issue occurs if the Exosal.dll file is outdated.
To resolve this issue, update the Exosal.dll file. To do this, apply update rollup 870540. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870540 Availability of the August 2004 Exchange 2000 Server Post-Service Pack 3 Update Rollup
Additional query words: xadm
Keywords: kbexchstore kbtshoot kbprb KB927462