Microsoft KB Archive/926362
Article ID: 926362
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
You insert a 2007 Microsoft Office program object, such as a Microsoft Office Excel Binary Worksheet, into a file in one of the 2007 Office programs that are listed in the "Applies to" section. When the focus is in the inserted object, you notice that the Microsoft Office Button is missing. Instead, there is a blank space where the Microsoft Office Button should be. Additionally, a File menu and a Window menu appear on a menu bar under the program's title bar. This behavior may also occur when you edit a 2007 Office program object that has been inserted in a 2007 Office file.
This behavior is by design. This behavior also occurs when you insert a 2007 Office program object into a file in a 2007 Office program that does not use the Ribbon, such as Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 or Microsoft Office Visio 2007.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods:
- If the Microsoft Office Button is missing, use the File menu just as you would use the Microsoft Office Button.
- After you insert the 2007 Office program object into a 2007 Office file, use the Open command instead of the Edit command to open the object for editing.
For example, to open an object such as a Microsoft Office Excel Binary Worksheet, right-click the object, point to Binary Worksheet Object, and then click Open.
Additional query words: excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB926362