Microsoft KB Archive/926361
Article ID: 926361
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2006
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
On a computer that is running Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), you host a Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP) application that uses Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) objects. When you exit IIS or when IIS recycles the application pool, the Inetinfo.exe process, the Dllhost.exe process, or the W3WP.exe process may close unexpectedly.
This problem occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- The computer is running IIS 5.0.
- The computer is running IIS 6.0 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. The computer does not have Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 installed.
To resolve this problem, upgrade the operating system to Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB926361