Microsoft KB Archive/926027
Article ID: 926027
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition for Itanium-Based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition
This article describes updates to the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Support Tools that are included in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). If you are a support person or a network administrator, you can use these support tools to manage networks and to troubleshoot network problems that you may experience.
Windows Server 2003 SP2 includes updates for the following support tools:
These support tools are not automatically installed when you install Windows Server 2003 SP2. To install the support tools on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003, run the Suptools.msi program that is located in the Support\Tools folder on the Windows Server 2003 SP2 CD.
The Help file (Suptools.chm) for the support tools is located in the Sup_srv.cab file. This Help file includes a description of each tool and its associated syntax. This Help file also includes sample output and notes. See this Help file for specific usage information for these tools.
For additional help, type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
Note In this command,
tool_name represents the name of the tool for which you want to obtain help.
Note The following tools are not avialable on x64-based systems:
For more information about how to obtain Windows Server 2003 SP2, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To download the updated support tools for Windows Server 2003 SP2, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note If you have an earlier version of these support tools installed on your computer, you must remove this version before you install the updated support tools for Windows Server 2003 SP2.
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbexpertiseinter KB926027