Microsoft KB Archive/925085
Article ID: 925085
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
When you use the User State Migration Tool (USMT) or the File and Settings Transfer Wizard in Microsoft Windows XP, regional and language options are not transferred from the original computer to the destination computer.
Regional and language options are not transferred to the destination computer if the destination computer language is not identical to the original computer language. Therefore, transferring regional and language options has been disabled in both the USMT and the wizard.
To work around this issue, change the regional and language options on the destination computer manually after you complete the migration process. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, select Run, type Intl.cpl and then click OK.
- On the Regional Options tab of the Regional and Language Options dialog box, select the Standards and formats and the Location that you want to use.
- On the Advanced tab of the Regional and Language Options dialog box, select the Language for non-Unicode programs that you want to use.
- Restart the computer if you are prompted.
This behavior is by design.
For more information about the USMT and the File and Settings Transfer Wizard, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
312965 How to Troubleshoot Issues with the User State Migration Tool and the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
Keywords: kbwizard kbuserstatemig kbsettings kbtshoot kbprb KB925085