Microsoft KB Archive/924463
Article ID: 924463
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
In Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, you upload a .cs file to a document library, or you attach a .cs file to a list item. However, when you click the link to the .cs file, you receive an error message that resembles one of the following:
Microsoft ASP.NET blocks .cs files. Therefore, even though you can upload a .cs file to a document library or attach a .cs file to a list item in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, you cannot open the .cs file.
To work around this issue, add the .cs file name extension to the list of blocked file types in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. When you do this, users cannot upload .cs files to a document library or attach .cs files to list items.
To add the .cs file name extension to the list of blocked file types, follow these steps:
- Start SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- Click Operations, and then click Blocked file types under Security Configuration.
- On the Blocked File Types page, click the Web application that you want to configure in the Web Application box.
- Type cs in the box that contains the list of blocked file types, and then press ENTER.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: wss wssV3 restrict retrieve
Keywords: kbprb kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB924463