Microsoft KB Archive/923934
Article ID: 923934
Article Last Modified on 5/9/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, when you schedule a meeting and you directly book a resource, you do not receive confirmation that the resource has accepted the invitation. Resources that you book for a meeting may be such things as a conference room or a projector for a presentation.
Additionally, you cannot configure the necessary permissions to set up the mailbox as a resource because the Set Permissions button is unavailable.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You click Resource in the Select Attendees and Resources dialog box or in the Plan a Meeting dialog box to directly book the resource.
- Your e-mail account and the resource account are on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- The Exchange 2007 server does not have public folders.
To work around this problem, you can create a resource mailbox for the Resource account by using the Exchange Management Console or the Exchange Management Shell.
For more information about how to create a resource mailbox, visit the following Exchange 2007 Software Development Kit (SDK) Web site:
Add a public folder store to the Exchange 2007 environment
If you add a public folder store to the Exchange 2007 environment, the problem that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section does not occur. To add a public folder store, follow these steps:
- Start Exchange System Manager.
- Click the storage group where you want to store the folder store.
- Right-click the storage group where you want to create the new public store, click New, and then click Public Store. The Properties page for the new store appears.
- Type a name for the public store in the Name field.
- To select the Associated public folder tree, click Browse, select the public folder tree to which you want to apply this public store, and then click OK.
- Configure the remaining parameters for the new store, and then click OK to save the properties.
After you click OK to save the properties, a dialog box appears that asks if you want to mount the new store. If you click Yes, the store tries to mount. You are notified if it is successful.
To verify which public store is associated with a public folder tree, right-click the Public Folder Tree under the Folders container, and then click Properties. On the General tab, you can see which public stores are associated with this public folder tree.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To configure the necessary permissions to set up a mailbox as a resource, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Calendar area, click Calendar Options.
- Click Resource Handling.
- Click to select the Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations check box.
When the problem that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section occurs, the Set Permissions button is unavailable.
Additional query words: ol12 ol2003 ol2k3 Outlook12 Outlook2003 Outlook2k3
Keywords: kbtshoot kbcalendar kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB923934