Microsoft KB Archive/921041
Article ID: 921041
Article Last Modified on 7/5/2006
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Developer Edition
The Commerce Server Staging (CSS) Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in may accept an invalid password for the default user account. Therefore, Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 projects that run under this default user account and password may be unsuccessful.
This problem occurs because the Commerce Server Staging service does not synchronize a new password if the default user account has an incorrect password. The password may be incorrect because one of the following conditions is true:
- The password for the default user account has expired.
- The password has been changed by using the Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in.
If you change the password of the domain user account, you must also change the password in the Commerce Server Staging MMC snap-in. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Commerce Server 2007 server, open the Commerce Server Staging MMC snap-in.
- Expand Commerce Server Staging, right-click the Commerce Server server name, and then click Set Authentication.
- Type the correct user name and password, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB921041