Microsoft KB Archive/913401
Article ID: 913401
Article Last Modified on 11/4/2007
- Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 Service Pack 1a (SP1a)-based database.
- You use this database together with Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- You install MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- You upgrade the SP1a-based database to MCMS 2002 SP2.
In this scenario, if you try to perform a site deployment export operation to SQL Server 2005, a time-out occurs on the export preview and the export operation fails.
This problem occurs because some stored procedure code in MCMS 2002 SP2 is incompatible with SQL Server 2005.
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem, submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note If additional issues occur or any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. To create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional hotfix information
To apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Extract the hotfix files.
- Copy the _dca.ini file to the MCMS SQL Install folder. Overwrite the existing _dca.ini file.
The following path is a typical path of the SQL Install folder:
Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Content Management Server\Server\Setup Files\SQL Install
- Run the Data Configuration application. Select the existing MCMS SP1a-based database, and then click Next.
- Make sure that the user who is upgrading the database has rights to change the database schema.
- The _sp1atosp2upgrade.sql script file will only upgrade databases that are currently running at the MCMS 2002 SP1a level. After you run the _sp1atosp2upgrade.sql script file, the database will run at the MCMS 2002 SP2 level. You can upgrade the database before or after you run the MCMS 2002 SP2 update.
- You can upgrade the database before or after you migrate the MCMS 2002 database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005. However, you must upgrade the database before you use MCMS 2002 together with SQL Server 2005.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|_dca.ini||Not Applicable||4,005||14-Dec-2005||00:39||Not Applicable|
|_sp1atosp2upgrade.sql||Not Applicable||35,774||14-Dec-2005||01:17||Not Applicable|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
After you apply this hotfix, you must apply the hotfix package that is described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 923755. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
923755 Description of the Content Management Server 2002 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: August 8, 2006
For more information about MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
906145 Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2 installation information
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbpubtypekc kbhotfixserver kbcontentmgtserv2002presp3fix KB913401