Microsoft KB Archive/912067
Article ID: 912067
Article Last Modified on 8/29/2006
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Microsoft has released update rollup 912067. This update rollup is intended for computers that are running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
900325 Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Update rollup 912067 is available from the Microsoft Download Center and from Microsoft Windows Update.
This update rollup is cumulative and supersedes update rollup 908250. Besides the fixes that are contained in update rollup 908250, this update resolves the following issues that occur with Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005:
- Video may stutter after you resume the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer from standby (S3) or from hibernation (S4).
- The Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer may take five minutes to resume from hibernation. The computer may appear to stop responding and display a black screen during this time.
- Media Center may stop responding when you press ALT+TAB.
- Video may stop responding in Media Center if the computer is using certain models of dual tuners. This problem occurs when both tuners are being used or when you are using a Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Update Rollup 914548 supersedes Update Rollup 912067
The April 2006 Update Rollup 914548 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 supersedes the 912067 Update Rollup.
To download Update Rollup 914548 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, visit the following Web site:
Update rollup information
You must be running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to install this update.
Update rollup replacement information
This update rollup replaces update rollup 908250. For more information about update rollup 908250, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
908250 Update Rollup 908250 is available for computers that are running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
The English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to remove this update
To remove this update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show Updates check box.
- Click Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB912067, and then click Remove.
A system administrator can use the Spunist.exe tool to remove this update rollup. The Spuninst.exe tool is located in the %windir%\$NTUninstallKB
nnnnnn$\Spuninst folder. This tool supports the following setup switches:
- /? Show the list of installation switches.
- /u Use unattended mode.
- /f Force other programs to quit when the computer shuts down.
- /z Do not restart when the installation is completed.
- /q Use quiet mode. Quiet mode requires no user interaction.
Media Center Technical Support
Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize the performance of that manufacturer's hardware. If you require technical help with Windows XP Media Center Edition, contact your manufacturer directly because the manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that the manufacturer has installed on the hardware.
You can also visit the Windows XP Media Center Edition product information Web site at the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/
Keywords: kbqfe atdownload kbexpertisebeginner kbhotfixserver KB912067