Microsoft KB Archive/912061
Article ID: 912061
Article Last Modified on 6/21/2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Professional Edition for Service Providers
The hotfix that is discussed in this article is not available for the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or for the Japanese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
When you use the Advanced Find feature in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, some fields are not available as search criteria for entity forms.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
922815 Update Rollup 1 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
This hotfix replaces files that are cached when you open the Microsoft CRM Web site. Therefore, you must delete the temporary Internet files after you install this hotfix on all client computers that open Microsoft CRM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the General tab, click Delete Files.
- Click to select the Delete all offline content check box. Then click OK.
After you install this hotfix, take any of the following additional actions that are appropriate for your situation:
- If you want to change the selection of fields that are visible in the Advanced Find feature, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft CRM, click Settings, click Customization, click Customize Entities, and then double-click the entity that contains the field that you want to change in the Advanced Find feature.
- Click Attributes, click the attribute that you want to change, click More Actions, and then click Edit.
Note The Searchable picklist field appears on the Attribute Web page.
- Click Yes to make the field searchable in the Advanced Find feature. Click No to make the field not searchable in the Advanced Find feature.
- Click Save and Close two times.
- Click Publish.
- If you have added the Microsoft.crm.MetadataService.dll file to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), follow these steps to correctly install this hotfix:
- On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration.
- In the navigation pane, click Assembly Cache.
- Click View List of Assemblies in the Assembly Cache.
- Right-click the Microsoft.crm.MetadataService assembly, and then click Delete.
- If you have customizations that require the Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.dll to be added to the GAC, follow these steps in Windows Explorer.
- If you follow these steps, customizations will work without adding .dll files to the GAC.
- These steps are not required to install this hotfix.
- On the Microsoft CRM server, make a backup of the Web.config file. Save the backup copy of the file to a different folder.
Note The Web.config file is located in the main Microsoft CRM Web folder.
- Right-click the Web.config file, click Open With, and then click Notepad.
Locate and then delete the following text.
<add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService, Version=3.0.5300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
- On the File menu, click Save.
On the attribute form, some of the properties of the entity attributes are read-only. This hotfix installs the Searchable picklist field. This field will be the only property that is enabled. For the read-only attributes, you cannot set the Searchable picklist property because you cannot modify the other properties of the attribute.
Schema names of partylist fields by activity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
After you install the hotfix, fields that have the attribute type of partylist will not work if these fields are enabled to be searched on in the Advanced Find feature. The following are the fields that have the attribute type of partylist, grouped by entities that have a classification type of activity.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Additional query words: crm3 crm30 crm3.0
Keywords: kbqfe kbmbsmigrate kbpubtypekc KB912061