Microsoft KB Archive/889641
Article ID: 889641
Article Last Modified on 5/18/2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
This article describes late-breaking changes in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2 (SP2) that are not documented in the sp2Readme_EN.htm file. This article also includes any corrections to the original sp2Readme_EN.htm file.
Note To download the sp2Readme_EN.htm file, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The following issues in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2 currently are not documented in the sp2Readme_EN.htm file:
- You must restart the computer when you finish installing SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2. You will be prompted to restart the system as soon as the Setup program finishes.
- If you are installing SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2 by using a command-line command, and you want to suppress the post-Setup restart, use the following command:
REBOOT = ReallySuppress
- To disable client-side printing, you must set the EnableClientPrinting property to False. Then, you must restart Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) for the new property to take effect.
- With SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2, the Microsoft .NET Framework string comparison method is now used for sort expressions in the report definition. This is a change from earlier releases. In earlier releases, the SQL Server string comparison library was used. In some locales, report data may have a different sort order when it is processed by using SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2. For more information about this method, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
The following items are not documented correctly in the Readme.htm file:
- Section 4.4.3 Hiding Parameters in a Published Report:
Currently, the readme file includes the following text:
In SP1, you can clear the Prompt User check box to hide the parameter fields and values in the report.
- Section 4.2.1 Chart Datapoints:
This problem only affects Line and Area charts. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
883675 FIX: Invalid values appear in a chart if you change the default color for the value series of the chart in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 1
- Section 4.1.2 - Programmability/APIs
This section lists the following properties for the client print ActiveX control that are not available from that control:
The following properties are available on the print control but are not documented in the Readme.htm file:
For more information about these properties, visit the following MSDN Web site:
- Section 4.2.7 - Default Style Sheet
This section refers to a <HTMLViewerStyleSheet> property. This is not included in SP2, but this is included in the hotfix that is available at the following Web site:
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
842440 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
889640 A list of the bugs that are fixed by SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2
Additional query words: rosetta
Keywords: kbtshoot kbsqlserv2000reportservsp2fix kbinfo KB889641