Microsoft KB Archive/843369
Article ID: 843369
Article Last Modified on 7/13/2004
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 1
This article describes late-breaking changes in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 1 (SP1) that are not documented in the SP1Readme.htm file. It also includes corrections to the original readme file.
The following additions should be included in the SP1_readme.htm file:
- If you applied hotfix 8.00.0859, you may experience "Invalid cursor state" error messages when you work with the Table Designer in SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- Updated instructions for installing Reporting Services SP1 on a report server Web farm. This item replaces section 3.3 in the original readme file.
"Invalid cursor state" error messages when you work with the Table Designer in SQL Server Enterprise Manager
Users who run Reporting Services on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer may have applied hotfix 8.00.0859 to run the report server under the Network Service account. If you have applied hotfix 8.00.0859, you may experience "Invalid cursor state" error messages when you work with the Table Designer in SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix that is included in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
831997 FIX: An invalid cursor state occurs after you apply Hotfix 8.00.0859 or later in SQL Server 2000
Updated installation instruction for Reporting Services SP1 on a Web farm
If you deployed Reporting Services on a Web farm, you must run Reporting Servicer SP1 Setup on each computer that hosts a report server instance. Take the servers offline until all of the report server nodes and the database are upgraded. To take the servers offline, stop Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Report Server Windows service.
You can apply Reporting Services SP1 to the report server nodes in any order. The Setup program automatically upgrades the report server database to the Reporting Services SP1 schema.
After you upgrade a report server Web farm to Reporting Services SP1, you cannot use the Setup program to point a new report server instance to a Reporting Services SP1 report server database. Instead, follow these steps to add new report server nodes to a Reporting Services SP1 report server Web farm:
- Run the Reporting Services Setup program to install a new report server instance, and then create a new report server database for the report server instance that you are installing.
You can use a local SQL Server instance or a remote SQL Server instance.
- Run the Reporting Services SP1 Setup program to upgrade the report server instance.
- Run Rsconfig.exe on the report server instance to configure the connection to the Reporting Services SP1 report server database.
- Run Rsactivate.exe to initialize the report server instance in the report server cluster.
- Delete the report server database that you created in step 1.
839796 Bugs that are fixed by SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services service packs
842440 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Additional query words: rosetta sp1 fix reporting services
Keywords: kbhowtomaster kbinfo KB843369