Microsoft KB Archive/812617
PSS ID Number: 812617
Article Last Modified on 9/18/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Office Access 2003
- Microsoft Access 2000
When you download and then install the March 28, 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer security update, data access pages may not function correctly. This occurs although Microsoft Office Web Components are installed on your computer. Any of the following results may occur:
- Pages may appear blank.
- Pages may return script errors for any methods or any properties of Microsoft Office Data Source Control (MSODSC). Script errors may also be returned for any other objects on the page.
- Pages may display a message that indicates the Web components that are required for the page to display.
Office Web Components use the CODEBASE attribute of the HTML OBJECT tag in data access pages to download the components. To download the components for the Office Web Components, the CODEBASE attribute uses the file protocol. The "March 28, 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer" patch restricts you from loading objects that use the file protocol in the CODEBASE attribute. This occurs even when the objects are installed on your computer.
To work around the problem, follow these steps:
Note The workaround is effective only on the client computer where Office Web Components are installed.
- Run Notepad or any other text editor and then open the data access page.
- On the page, search for the word CODEBASE.
Delete the CODEBASE attribute for all objects.
The CODEBASE attribute may look similar to the following:
Note The #version may or may not be included. The version value may also be different.
- Repeat step 2 and step 3 until you find no additional instances of the CODEBASE attribute.
- Save the page.
- To prevent the insertion of the CODEBASE attribute, reopen the page in Access and then follow these steps:
- Open the data access page in Design view.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the General tab and then click Web Options.
- On Web Options dialog box, click the Files tab.
- In the Office controls section, click to clear the Download Office Web Components check box.
- Click OK.
- Save the page.
Additional query words: PRB reviewdocid
For additional information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
231419 OFF2000: How to Deploy the Office Web Components Over an Intranet
243006 OFF2000: Licensing the Office 2000 Web Components and Office Server Extensions
Keywords: kbDAP kbOfficeWebSpread kbOfficeWebPivot kbOfficeWebChart kbSecurity kbdisplay kbDownload kbprb KB812617
Technology: kbAccess2000 kbAccess2000Search kbAccess2003 kbAccess2003Search kbAccessSearch