Microsoft KB Archive/57329
Word: File Transfers Between Canvas 2.0 and Word PSS ID Number: Q57329 Article last modified on 08-17-1993 PSS database name: APpsConV
3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
To transfer a Canvas version 2.0 graphic to Microsoft Word, do the following:
- Select the object in Canvas and then choose Copy from the Edit menu. This will copy a PICT graphic to the Clipboard.
- Open Microsoft Word and choose Paste from the Edit menu.
Canvas 2.0 does not support QuickSwitch code.
Canvas may cause alignment errors once the graphic is pasted. To correct this, try the following:
- Select the graphic in Canvas.
- Copy it.
- Open a new document in Canvas.
- Under the Edit menu, choose the Edit Paste Special command and on its submenu, choose Paste Picture Object.
- Recopy and paste into Microsoft Word as described above.
To transfer a graphic from Word back to Canvas 2.0, do the following:
- Select the image with the mouse pointer.
- From the Edit menu, choose Copy.
- Paste into Canvas 2.0.
Additional reference words: mswdgraphics
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.