Microsoft KB Archive/51054
MacWord: Importing PagerMaker 3.x Documents Into 3.x or 4.0 PSS ID Number: Q51054 Article last modified on 08-17-1993 PSS database name: APpsConV
3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
This article contains information on the following topics:
- How to import documents from Aldus PageMaker versions 3.00, 3.01, 3.02 to Word for the Macintosh versions 3.0x and 4.0.
- How to export graphics as PostScript text.
Do the following to import documents from Aldus PageMaker versions 3.00, 3.01, 3.02 to Word for the Macintosh versions 3.0x and 4.0:
- Open the document in PageMaker.
- Select Export from the File menu.
- Click the Word filter, and save the document. The document is saved as a Word 3.0x document.
Do the following to export PageMaker graphics as PostScript text:
- Select Print in PageMaker.
- Hold down the OPTION key and click OK.
- At the new dialog box, choose Print PostScript to Disk, and choose either option (PostScript or EPS). This file can be opened into Word (press SHIFT+Open), converted to PostScript style, and printed. The reason that either option (PostScript or EPS) works is that both store the PostScript code in the files data fork, which is what Word reads. The EPS additionally stores a PICT resource in the file.
Additional reference words: 3.0 3.00 3.01 3.02 4.00
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.